• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

connection failed

I'll make a note of this for Ramm guys, but it doesn't happen to me, nor does it happen to anybody who works at Tripwire, so it is hard for us to diagnose.

However awhile ago somebody ran into the problem where steam was taking too long to validate a RO connection because he had too many steam games (yes, having too many steam games caused an RO problem).

Valve noted that they were working on a fix. This might be related to the problem you guys are having or it might not be. I don't know if the fix for this problem was released with the last steam update or not, but I suspect it was, and if so odds are you don't have a similar issue.

Upvote 0
I'm affraid I am one of the people who has got the problem too...

It happens on almost every map I play, so it's very frustrating to even play RO at this moment. I have a 20 MB DSL line with which I never had any problems, so that can't be it.

I've tried validating the RO files through Steam, defragmentating cache files and opening the ports used by RO (which wasn't a problem when they where still closed). Nothing helped though.

Upvote 0