• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The Witcher

I stopped using swallow when I learnt White Raffards Decoction. But that's not until you get into the trade quarter. I'm not sure if using a higher quality base will have an effect. I think the Temerian Rye (vodka) is a strong alcohol and high quality potion base, which is as good as they get.

There might be something in the ingredients you are using. For example you need Vitriol for swallow. White Vinegar is pure Vitriol, where as ghoul blood is mainly Vitriol with minor parts of Nigredo. If you mix a potion and all the ingredients have the same minor substance, the potion will be enhanced.
Rubedo potions speed up health regeneration, Nigredo increases attack skillz, Albedo makes them less toxic.

Upvote 0
just fill the inventory with a lot of diferent crap, and you'll probably get all ingredients you need

That's how i do it lol, i dont get the way the ingredients are used etc... i just make a bunch out of everything and see wich potion-options light up for me:D
Cant be bothered to learn what every little item has as ingredients etc, it just doesnt make enough sense to me.

Upvote 0
You can have a list of ingredients that contain albedo and rubedo on the official forum .

I collect only ingredients with albedo and rubedo to make potions (nigredo is almost useless , adds ability to hit , but better use albedo that lowers the toxicity of the potions you take afterwards , or rubedo which adds life )

Just use White Gull + ingredients only containing either albedo or rubedo , for example if you take a cat-albedo potion , all the potions you take in addition , will have far less toxicity .

Ingredients without qualities (albedo etc..) are only useful for making oils , bombs , or making either White Honey (very important to get rid of toxicity ) or White Gull ( important to first make dozens of white gull so you have access to potions that requires a quality alcool base , usually , the most powerful/advanced potions )

White Raffard decoction is not better than Swallow , since Swallow has far less toxicity , it's very easy to make powerful swallow ( Swallow rubedo based , that will make you regain life really faster ) , or make many Swallow albedo based that adds practically nothing in term of toxicity, and drink a couple of them .

White Raffard 's is quite toxic , i never tried to make one with an albedo base (i just drink any random potion albedo based , before drinking White raffard's decoction ) , but as you will reach the latter stage of the game , you can spend gold on stamina that makes you able to resist toxicity better , so indeed , at this point of the game , if you hve invested in that , White raffard' decoction is probably better than swallow because it gives you life instantly without too much toxicity

Upvote 0
White rafford's needs quality alcohol as a base. It's a decent potion but in my opinion overly toxic, the best is to use one of these and a Swallow in conjunction. You can be almost unstoppable then as you get a good boost and then constant regeneration.

Also is anyone else in love with Cinfrid Oil? A good coating of this makes swaggering into a room full of Salamandra a treat, you just select group style, charge in and hack into them, they all end up stunned and screaming in pain and you truly massacre the bastards lol.

Spoiler!

Upvote 0
[Spoilers]
I have finished the game (almost twice now), and on my first run I did not side fully with either of them.
There were times when to solve a problem I made a choice (Like in the swamps, I assisted Seigfried attacking the Scoiatel by the Golems. Or Vivaldis bank, I asked them to leave peacefully so the Scoiatel attacked me - which through no choice of my own forced me to side with the order).

When you are in the Lakeside Village I helped the Scoiatel by giving them food, but when the Scoiatel that I'd helped previously attacked the village and White Rayla + the Order were sent into attack I merely took Alvin and left without fighting.

Also, when you get back to Old Vizima and the **** has really hit the fan and the order and the Scoiatel were fighting in the open again I stayed neutral and did not fight. I never bumped into White Rayla again, until her death. Even when Seigfried asked me to assist with the attack I did not. I helped the nurses get to the hospital, I defended Shani from both a Scoiatel and Order assault in the hospital, and we escaped into the swamps.

So yes. At times I may have assisted one group or the other or had my hand forced in self defence, but on the grand scale of things I stayed neutral, and my cutscenes were all about my famed neutrality.

That being said on my second run through I've sided with the Scoiatel on every occasion but for giving them Harens goods. I wanted my "contact" in the Hairy Bear to be alive
[/Spoilers]

Last edited:
Upvote 0
*update* Just got the game, and enjoying it loads!

It has some flaws, but I can close my eyes for those.. really the only flaw the bugs me is the bad voice acting :mad:
Seriously, even I can do better voices for the different situations, the voice acting sort of feels like they just got the script with what they where supposed to say, not in what kind of situation they where in when they say it >_<

Upvote 0
UPDATE:
"The Witcher: Enhanced Edition will be a completely polished product. A product that is rarely found on the PC market. Of course, it would be best if the premiere edition could look that way. For different reasons that was not achieved, now we're trying to make up for it. It should be easier for the fact that there aren't that many elements in the game which need improvement. Work is being done on two levels. One concerns the removal of technical obstacles that hinder the player from properly using the game and thus gaining enjoyment from it. By that I mean level loading times, which will be reduced by 80%, the stability of the game on different configurations, as well as a whole array of smaller fixes that will increase interactivity and precision in combat. The other level consists of very important changes that are not usually found in patches. First and foremost, the English language version will be, for the most part, completely re-done. The amount of text in that version was reduced compared to other language versions and that was said to cause a significant decrease in immersion and atmosphere. Now the English version will be as polished and atmospheric as the other language versions. Speaking of language versions, most of them will be more or less improved. Significant changes will also be made in the German version, where we are planning to re-record the voices for many of the characters. The most important improvements concern those elements of the game that the players criticized the most. So for example, over 50 new supporting character models will be added, so that the player won't run into the same person too often. The inventory panel will be re-designed and improved, and some elements of the main game screen will be polished. However, one of the biggest changes that will greatly increase the player's immersion in the game world will be improvements concerning dialogue scenes. Both Geralt and the NPCs will get over 100 new animated gestures which will make their "body language" during a conversation much more natural. Additionally, the face animation and lip-sync system will be re-created, making the faces of the speakers now even more natural as well. Of course, I've mentioned only the most important changes, and that's still a lot. There will be many smaller changes that will make the game more fun. I'm convinced that, thanks to them, The Witcher will be an almost ideal game."

:D Finally new voice acting & dialoges :):)

I'll wait 'til then

Upvote 0