• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra

Yes, the lack of a CoC is one of Red Orchestra's huge downsides.

There is teamplay, but that's because of the cooperative community that Red Orchestra has.
The Battlefield 2 game has cooperative gameplay by standard.

A fully implemented teamplay system is what I expect for Tripwire Interactive's Game 2 if it will be another hardcore realism tactical shooter.

Upvote 0
Personally I like the system described above myself.

I can tell you the reason why RO's VOIP is as it is now. Its easy and why many things in RO are like they are. No time or money to develop more before the game had to be released.

As to what Tripwire will do in game 2 if it is a reaslism based game (which they have alluded to), I would suspect they would probably do something about it if they have the resorces and it is high enough on their priority list.

When it comes to game development it always comes down the money vs time and what is where on the priority list.

Upvote 0
Totally agree hunter, allthough they could make current ro communications x2 better if they simply fixed the damn local channel jeez how much easier would it make team tanking and mind you less annoying for everyone else who dont want to be listening to 2 or 3 different sets of tankers communicating with each other!

Upvote 0
The biggest fault, and the main reason I don't play as often as I would, is the bullet lag. I hardly play to begin with, unless the server has <50 ping, and only choose German side, because of how the Russian SMGs lag... If they were to make the physics consistent, I would be on RO 24/7.

*EDIT* Oh, and not to mention the extremely gay tracers. They completely bull****ted in that video when they said, ''The tracers only look like that because of the frame rate of the video''.

Don't get me wrong, I love RO, but I think it's a little low for a company to bull**** like that.

Upvote 0
There's no such thing as "nerfing" and "buffinf" in RO because the game is mean to be realistic.
Really? So because RO claims to be realistic there can't be any nerfing of the weapons?

It is because RO claims to be realistic that the SMG's are found to be nerfed. Their real life counterparts wouldn't recoil like they do in-game. Try the mod version and see the difference like Zetsumei suggests. Furthermore, imo any game that implements a cone of fire (=not all rounds go where your sight is aimed at) shouldn't advocate realistic weapon behaviour.

Better yet, try UT99's mod Infiltration and experience real in-game realism.

Upvote 0
Really? So because RO claims to be realistic there can't be any nerfing of the weapons?

It is because RO claims to be realistic that the SMG's are found to be nerfed. Their real life counterparts wouldn't recoil like they do in-game. Try the mod version and see the difference like Zetsumei suggests. Furthermore, imo any game that implements a cone of fire (=not all rounds go where your sight is aimed at) shouldn't advocate realistic weapon behaviour.

Better yet, try UT99's mod Infiltration and experience real in-game realism.

Although ro got a cone of fire, they based the cone of fire on the real life cone of fire when the weapon is clamped in and then shot. So the cone of fire depicts inaccuracies due to the barrel etc. (SMG cone of fire is actually pretty low in ro too but the bullet drop is massive try going prone with a smg and if you account for the bullet drop you can use it like a MG with a less powerfull round)

Upvote 0
I think you need two systems:

1.) A team-wide system of communication.

2.) A squad-specific system of communication.

My reasoning:

I've been playing a lot of FH2 lately, which uses the same system for communication as Project Reality. It's a friggin' drag for team-wide coordination and the whole Chain of Command thing is a joke.

Why? Simple. Players on pub servers just don't care that much. RO has a better community for this than most, but even so, it's a ***** to get a team really organized if you can't coordinate as a whole team. Besides, who's to say the yahoo who got the "commander" position actually has a friggin clue anyway? Chain of command only works when it's based on merit. Not points, not luck, not random chance. Merit. And frankly, it's a rare thing that a commander or squadleader actually is doing a good job.

Thus, you need team-wide communication when Squad A needs to get a message to Squad B and the idiot commander has gone AFK or is too busy spamming "ATTACK HERE!! ATTACK HERE!!" on a position that can't be capped yet or whatever.

That's not to say you REMOVE squad-based communications. you need that so that you don't have to listen to every squad working out their own tactics and so tankers can communicate without annoying the hell out of everyone else. But you still need the team-wide communications.

Upvote 0
Satchel bombs weren't normally used on tanks in real life, they were for obstacles and strongpoints. PTRDs were absolutely useless on tanks produced after 1941. And what's wrong with SMGs anyway? The recoil? I don't see what the problem is, I can hit stuff far away just fine, if I aim and fire short bursts... just what one would expect from a real SMG.

Upvote 0
Satchel bombs weren't normally used on tanks in real life, they were for obstacles and strongpoints. PTRDs were absolutely useless on tanks produced after 1941. And what's wrong with SMGs anyway? The recoil? I don't see what the problem is, I can hit stuff far away just fine, if I aim and fire short bursts... just what one would expect from a real SMG.

They still don't act as in real life, just take the PPSH43 as a grand example :p

Upvote 0