• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

How to clean your bores, specifically for the un-chrome lined M59/66 Yugo SKS, but used on many rifles (including Mosins...)

Look here

I have yet to try it, but I have used it for cleaning very awesomely dirty truck parts and the like, so it should work.

EDIT: Here there are directions and pitures for cleaning smaller objects in a bucket, or as linked to on that page, a trailer frame in a plywood "swimming pool"

Upvote 0
Not me, just thought the picture looked cool.:)

800px-RackandchamberM40A3.jpg

Upvote 0
during WW1 russia couldn't make enough rifles so they placed orders with remington and new england westinghouse and of course only half of the order was shipped... russians refused to pay... also certain other things that were going on in russia at the time

the rest of the rifles found their way into various places... some were issued stateside, some ended up in russia when the US sent soldiers to russia in 1919 and many of the rifles were left there, many were surplused out and ended up being sold in a barrel by hardware stores... and most, if not all, of the bannerman conversions were US made mosins

Upvote 0
How to clean your bores, specifically for the un-chrome lined M59/66 Yugo SKS, but used on many rifles (including Mosins...)

Look here

wow worked like a cham mate!
never thought a bore could look that bad and could shine that much!
we cleaned a verry beat up bore of a M38 using this method
it had a few dents in it but it shines like new now ^^
thank you for sparing me LOTS of time mate :)

Upvote 0
its pretty easy
i used a 4mm welding wire, saltwater, 2 1,5 volt batteries

but dont be scarred
all the dents will come up after the Tombak is remooved from them (it hid em ^^)
ill shoot it on thursday and see if it shoots better :)

just be shure the rod doesnt touch the barrel, and allways pour in more solvent(whatever u use)

i let it work for around 30 minutes, and im testing tomorrow with some robler if theres still some dirt in there (goes blue/gree if it meets tombak/lead)

Upvote 0