• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon Aiming Time

yeh again i wasn't trying to argue with u mate, what i was trying to point out is i know TWI are tight on time atm (they certainly have trouble even getting back to the mod teams a lot of the time as they are busy). So a complete new aiming system mite not make it into RO but i wouldn't count it out of their next project

Upvote 0
I've read all of your posts (as old as they are) and determined that we've gone off topic. The point is: it takes too long to put the sights to your eye. Aiming is what you do AFTER you're looking down the sights. Fixing the animation to demonstrate proper timing is what i'm suggesting. Aiming is irrelevant to what I speak of. I'm only speaking of the time it takes to place the sights to your eye. The current timing is unreasonable.

Upvote 0
Aiming is irrelevant to what I speak of. I'm only speaking of the time it takes to place the sights to your eye. The current timing is unreasonable.

I have my beliefs that it is done on purpose.

Since even though it is possible to shoulder a weapon very fast, it does not mean your sights would be aligned nor your eye would be concentrated on your target.

Just try it with a real weapon. I can shoulder Mauser in less than 0.3s but most of the time I need to take about half a second (or entire second) to correct my aim and to actually aim at something properly. IIRC RO shouldering takes roughly bit less than a second and you have your sights perfectly aligned.

On the other hand if I do it like they do it in RO, it is slower than it seems but my sight is not misaligned... atleast not every damm time.

So again, yes it is possible to do faster and in close combat having a fast shouldering might be quite useful, but then again your aim would be so much ****ed up without correction that someone might think you're drunk.

Upvote 0
I am a bit supriced that very few people seems to have even considdered what i suggested on page 1 of this thread.

RO's current system is not realistic, it is not user freindly, it does nothing for game balance (forcing us to spray and prey from the hip is not balance), it can be done much better.

Hell, if they just stopped relying on animations, and used code to bring the weapon up to the shoulder instead, that would be half the battle won right there, then we could allways shoot when we need to.

Upvote 0
Maybe because nobody has anything to add to your suggested ideas - they are quite brilliant.

I wish, but this topic has been brought up many times, i have posted thease exact same suggestions in atleast 3 of them, and they allways seem to get overlooked.

But ofcourse it is a mood point now, we will never see this in RO, all we can hope is that TWI considders this for future projects.

But it has allways been an issue, and is, admittedly, a big reason why i hardly ever play RO anymore, its just so clunky and restricting, it feels fake, and gets you killed very often, it is, quite frankly, an annoyance that i find is harder and harder to accept and deal with, and is taking away from the fun of playing to an increasing level.

I just wish i was a better coder, so i could make this stuff happen in a mutator, but alas, i am not.

Upvote 0