• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Pavlov's House

hehe, im working on 2manny projects. my problem is that i can't stay concentrated on the same map for long, so i switch between projects. i have already passed wilhelmplatz to another person

Here and now he is working on another project again.
Your not a relative of Major Pain....

He use to flood COD forums with nice screenshots but no map
had ever seen the day of light :cool::cool::cool:

Upvote 0
ahahahahahaha Great one, Drecks. That dude was a real treat. Expert in all things except actually finishing a project. He had to have poor Flipsen finish and release a map. Wasn't he in like every mod team that ever popped up?

Schutze, pick one. Finish it. If you ever think to pass this one off, I'd be willing to talk about it.

.. i think he is passing it off, (maybe he's contacted you already.)
Go for it slyk, a lot of people want to see pavlovs house for this game.
I am interested in working on it myself, but phaps better a project like this goes to a mapper with a pedigree...
I have specific ideas about how i'd do this map that would be a bit different to the norm, if i ever get time i'll do a similar idea but with a scenario that isn't bound to a documented history.

Upvote 0
There are so many ways to go with this map. For a game such as this, it is challenging for sure. CoD-UO did a great job for a MP map, I thought but there is no way I would do it in the same manner. Getting the Russian spawns *right* would be the hardest part, I think. You could have it be floor-by-floor fighting for caps or have outer area fighting that falls back to the house as a last hold-out etc. So many theories on how it could work. If the Germans cap it, does that mean the round ends or can the Russians recapture it?

I would think a time-based round could be great too where the house is fought over till the bitter end. Either the Germans cap and hold the entire thing and ride out the timer or they don't. Oh well, something of this high-profile should be done well. That's what matters. I have plenty of ideas for other maps but this and the grain elevator are two I would like to give a shot.

Upvote 0
well as i say if this is indeed up for grabs and you fancy it, go for it.
my ideas for this are, i think, very unlike anything that's been done before - but phaps best to try them out on a different scenario- however they would in my not-so-modest opinion be absolutely spot on for this.
What the hell, maybe i'll work on another pavlov's from scratch sometime. Sometime may be a long way off though.

Upvote 0
slyck, or anyone else can have it no problem!

i know i have a patience problem lol, i can map almost in a sick compulsive way on the same map for a few weeks, and suddenly the envy goes away for some weeks and i start back on an older or new project untill i suddenly want to go back on that project.
in the same way i have manny totally different hobbies, between wich i switch every few months...

i try not to post about my maps untill i am sure that there is a chance they will be be finished, the pavlov thing got out of controll, and im not a big fan of non-late war mapping.

so PM me for the map, it will be a pleasure to donate it, i don't need any credit!

Upvote 0
Your doing a fantastic job on that map, I can't wait to play on it!!!

:confused::confused:

Makes me wonder iff you read any of the previous posts

slyck, or anyone else can have it no problem!

i know i have a patience problem lol, i can map almost in a sick compulsive way on the same map for a few weeks, and suddenly the envy goes away for some weeks and i start back on an older or new project untill i suddenly want to go back on that project.
in the same way i have manny totally different hobbies, between wich i switch every few months...

i try not to post about my maps untill i am sure that there is a chance they will be be finished, the pavlov thing got out of controll, and im not a big fan of non-late war mapping.

so PM me for the map, it will be a pleasure to donate it, i don't need any credit!

I have seen this to often. People starts maps and post screens but the
map never get released. As you write your not a big fan of early war maps, then why start one in the first place. Start to ask your self why you make maps. Iff you know that you can go on from there.

The main reason i started to make maps was that i wanted to play in self created maps. The other less important reason was iff i could make stuff good enough to compete with stock maps.

Well for the most maps i made i had enough opportunities to play them online. So my main reason to make them worked out.

So Schutze, aske yourself why you make maps, Then pick up one map and
finish it the best you can. Otherwise you end up as a jojo flipping between projects and never finish any.

Upvote 0
i see your point, but this pavlov map was not an idea from me in the first place. i was just interested in the idea and being the only one with mapping knowledge participating to the post debate, i decided to make the house for people to see etc, and before i knew it i was supposed to make the map. and i did ask other mappers for help, but got none.
i didn't thart this thread, nor did i start one for all my other projects i have in store. for the 4 times i ever posted map previews, in 3 cases the map was released less then a week later.

if mappers post map previews, it is in the first place (i believe) to get encouragements and motivation, and sometimes it has the opposed result, so they drop it. we don't all have a team behind us, nobody in my family or my GF care or even know that i make maps, and if i try to explain them they don't get it. they end up thinking i draw maps :(

now in this project the support was great from the community, but when it grows bigger then you, you feel enslaved

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'm not making any commitments to it. I asked to see the map and I'll review it and see what I think can be done. Like I said earlier, there are so many options. I have a lot of work to finish already and many of my own map ideas. This is one that is interesting to me though, as is the Grain Elevator, and Kurgan. I also have a start on a second TractorWorks map so I have no need to find ideas. If I decide to work on this, it will be several weeks at least to even start.

Upvote 0
Maybe you are like me and need to see someone doing it then. Did you look at the videos on 3dbuzz. Did you ask questions when you were trying? I think you can either start with buildings first or terrain first. If you make a simple house you might be able to get it in the community kharkov map. If you try again though and have questions ask me or just post them everyone is pretty helpful here especially the Devs.

What is the community Karkov map, and can i make a bit for it?

Upvote 0