• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Too many Eastern Eiuropean servers

I like those German servers, German speaking dudes create much better atmosphere than some British lads. Those Russian servers take this a little too far for me though since I can't understand any Russian and every second guy is called "~~~~~". Well, at least the ping is often very low. :)

I don't know, I love it when some Scottish player gets on there and gets angry at something. The German servers are superior, in my opinion, because a good number of them have death messages turned off. And even though I'm in NA I still get acceptable pings.

I really wish I knew some Russian though, since they seem to have some decent teamwork going on over the mics. By the way the moon-language bit from before was meant in jest.;)

Upvote 0
Anyone who believes that the action of themselves and a few others can kill a server, when, even today, there are 10's of thousands of players still out there, really needs a reality check.

And to boast that there is one less server to play on because of an objection to one of thee server rules is the mark of a true w*nker.

When i say a few others i dont mean regular players, Nestor, i mean heads of clans/orgs (although when i say a few, i really do mean a few and not many, so you probably do have a point there.)
Frankly, i don't care if it's demise had anything to do with me at all, i'm just glad it's dead.

Oh and that w*nker remark made me chuckle. A direct insult to another member? Oh dear..:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Zets, you may be able to drum up some attendance on your sever this holiday season if you run the Santa Hat mutator :D:p

I'm very off topic now - sorry - but in regards to mutators.. if a mutator was designed to remove the blinking objectives from the overhead map - could it be placed within a map, or does it have to run on the server? Also, would any server admins out there consider running a mutator like this on their server for all maps if one was created?

Upvote 0
Zets, you may be able to drum up some attendance on your sever this holiday season if you run the Santa Hat mutator :D:p

I'm very off topic now - sorry - but in regards to mutators.. if a mutator was designed to remove the blinking objectives from the overhead map - could it be placed within a map, or does it have to run on the server? Also, would any server admins out there consider running a mutator like this on their server for all maps if one was created?

Give me a mutator that removes that the crap that tells you howmany enemies are in the capzone and what zones are being capped and ill add it.

Give me a mutator that correctly switches sides after 1 round so you play 1 round allied 1 round axis for perfect balance of teams ill add it. (heck even campaign modes where you can keep your score for a while)

If someone makes a stat implantation that works without having you enter your user name and password in the console, not rankings but stats so you can see how you improve.

Give me a mutator that gives you always the weapon load outs of a 32 player server instead of a 32-44 or 44+ ill add it (so you get more bolts and not HUEG amounts of smgs semi's snipers mgs etc.

If there is a mutator that allows the scores to only update a few times during the game or only make it show up at the end game (aka not showing up never). Ill then remove death messages in combination with that mode.

And mutators trying to make teamwork and teamplay easier (pre 3.0 cap system, or alternative voip thats easier to locate, numbers showing up above friendly tanks so you can call out on them, ill add it.

I don't adding most things beside real changes in game mechanics as in different recoil or tank system unless i can get real proof that its more accurate on an average situation than red orchestra. AND still balanced on all maps as well. B

The thing is things must work well, and not have big bugs etc. of course the server is the IcM server in the end, so anything i say here goes, unless some members say they don't agree with it and then we go make a vote on what things should be.

Personally I've been playing ro for a long time and like a bit of a change, and i know that its the people playing on it that make the server not purely the owner. As server admin you're a slave to the people that play on it. Sure I and the other clan members pay for it. But a good public server is good because of the public playing on it.
Personally i'm against kicking players when a server is full to empty slots so i never do that but i cant say what others do because everybody is equal in IcM ^^.

Oh and with x-mass of course we'll have the Santa hats on ^^

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Anyone who believes that the action of themselves and a few others can kill a server, when, even today, there are 10's of thousands of players still out there, really needs a reality check.

And to boast that there is one less server to play on because of an objection to one of thee server rules is the mark of a true*edit* I removed the word so as not to get an infraction */edit*

Well lots of the mod people came from a community that actively tried to make the game better and say get more clans in so you can play against more. Today there are more clans being like don't recruit on our server just go host your own while still 95% of the servers cannot fill up people go where the people are in the end now. And its sad that clans and units cannot get more members and then you hear in the end the clans that don't allow recruiting complaining about the lack of clans to play and the lack of competition.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still, sabotaging games to bring down other servers is the worst way to adress that:

- it's still every servers admins that define what is allowed on their servers and what isn't, noone should be bullied into accepting anyone's ideas of how it should be handled
- you ruin other "innocent" player's fun

Simply not playing on these servers anymore would do the trick if enough other players (clan or not) think the same way. Democracy at work.

Upvote 0
Give me a mutator that gives you always the weapon load outs of a 32 player server instead of a 32-44 or 44+ ill add it (so you get more bolts and not HUEG amounts of smgs semi's snipers mgs etc.

I think you can do this in admin accept as a side effect the rienforcements will be the same as if there were 32 instead of 40.

Upvote 0
Thx for your nice words Lt.Kettch, Shadrach and melipone. Well we Splats are doing a lot of training atm, but we recognized that a lot of people tend to play other games now. Lots of regs have gone, but our whole squad is playing Ro again. We miss the regs that poped up and filled the server till the first Splats arrive. Just have a look on our server, usually theres someone. Usually;)

Upvote 0