• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire, is your stock content sacred?

yeh solo i'm well aware of that what i gave was exceptionally watered down so people not familiar with it cud understand what i was saying. but what u said is correct but repeating what i said i never claimed any code or anything didn't belong to the original product. Only things created outside...anways having dealt with issues like this in the past i'm well aware of the laws on it but as slyk said there's not much point disscussing it further here as it's only sending the topic off on a tangent a little.

Upvote 0
I rarely post in this section, anyways I had this idea when I saw the AHZ vehicule pack.

Say, for example, if somebody comes up with a quality uniform pack or texture does it have a chance to make it official? Like a skinpack for Stalingradkessel to represent the fact the german units in that scenario are disbanded and don't all have the same uniforms? like one dude with snowpants, another one with with a camo shirt, etc? or like the uniforms used on KriegStadt?

My question is, if custom content is considered good enough can it make it to the stock maps (pre-mapping contest)? So it's not this simplified yellow vs blue thing.

I think it would be a great thing to do if they don't intend to do much updating for Ostfront anymore. I mean we didn't have Russian greatcoats until recently, but EvilHobo had to do it, wtf.

It would certainly help because I think quite a few people don't like downloading all kinds of things before they can play (as great as the stuff is). They'd need permission of the modders first of course.

Upvote 0
But that's the beauty of the Unreal engine. You DON'T have to download it all before you can play. You just connect to the server and it sends you whatever stuff you need, usually at a VERY fast rate. So, really, you don't actually need this stuff to even be collected in a single place. Besides, with RO being almost exclusively online-oriented, the only things you'd NEED to download are your own graphical tweaks, which might not even be useable online unless the server was using them.

Upvote 0
I think he was saying that alot of people will connect to a server, see the "downloading" messages pop up, and say "screw this, I'll go play on another server" and disconnect. Granted it's a little ADD. But at the same time, I've gone on some servers and waited a good 5-10 minutes for all the junk to download.

It's increadibly frustrating when you're loading something new, and some weird custom uniform file loads to 900% or something ridiculous like that instead of being completed at 100%:p

Upvote 0
Yeah what I meant was, people don't disconnect because they don't like the custom stuff, but because they don't like staring at a black screen for 10 minutes. If TW would include custom content with their next update, you wouldn't have that problem.

They have already added custom maps to a previous update, so why not extra vehicles and uniforms?

Upvote 0