• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Logitech Laser Mouse G5 vs G9!

My G5 double-clicks with her own will, seems the main button is fuxxored :eek:

As I was looking for a new mouse, I just saw Logitech made a new similar one, the G9.

I'm thinking of getting a G9 but as the G5 was REALLY GREAT, so I ain't sure... Calling all previous or actual G5 owners for their opinion on the G9 compared to it - if they tried it, of course! :D

The thing about the Razer mice is that they are made of rather.. bad materials, they look and feel cheap because of thouse rubbish plastics, and it looks thin and brittle, im not sure it will hold up to much.

Im sure it wount hold up to much. I have broken a diamondback and a copperhead. Very good mice, but they break to fast.

G5 seems like it can take more punishment, but setpoint doesnt work like it should for me.

Whatever you go for, make sure it has 2 thumb buttons.

Upvote 0
I've got a new G9 sitting in the box. :(
Beside it are my new motherboard, CPU, RAM, 2 8800 GTS's, CPU cooler, 2 hard drives, etc...... I just gotta find the time to put everything together.

Its pricey, but the G9 has its own micro-processor and can be programmed with keybinds (much like a Nostromo). The beauty is that it is also portable. You can take it from one computer to another without losing your settings or profiles and without installing any drivers or other software.

At least that is the hype.... Next rain I'll give it a try.

Upvote 0
I've got a new G9 sitting in the box. :(
Beside it are my new motherboard, CPU, RAM, 2 8800 GTS's, CPU cooler, 2 hard drives, etc...... I just gotta find the time to put everything together.

Its pricey, but the G9 has its own micro-processor and can be programmed with keybinds (much like a Nostromo). The beauty is that it is also portable. You can take it from one computer to another without losing your settings or profiles and without installing any drivers or other software.

At least that is the hype.... Next rain I'll give it a try.
Interesting!

Though, how's the ergonomy? I've come to notice that all the fancy stuff like diefferent speed settings and weight tray are pretty much useless. It's its ergonomy and precision, smoothness that overwhelmed me with the G5 at least.

EDIT: Sorry, misread that you didn't physically tried it yet!

Upvote 0
Interesting!

Though, how's the ergonomy? I've come to notice that all the fancy stuff like diefferent speed settings and weight tray are pretty much useless. It's its ergonomy and precision, smoothness that overwhelmed me with the G5 at least.

The Razr Deathadder is the first Razr mouse I've had that actually felt good in my hand. It lacks the DPI options on the side, but it has two thumb buttons, and a VERY comfortable grip. My only gripe with it is a very sensitive right click - annoying during bayo fights.

Upvote 0
Im sure it wount hold up to much. I have broken a diamondback and a copperhead. Very good mice, but they break to fast.

Its a shame really, they are really good mice, if only they would make them out of better materials..

Personally i have the Logitech Mx518, i've had it since forever it seems, and its still going strong, i think the thing would survive a nuclear war, it lacks some of the cool tricks of the G5 (the weights, and the LED display showing what mode you are in), but i think it'll out last a G5.

Upvote 0
Interesting!

In RO on my G5 the + is set to prone and the- is set to crouch !

Is Floyd saying that profiles are kept within the mouses own memory ?

Upvote 0
Its a shame really, they are really good mice, if only they would make them out of better materials..

Personally i have the Logitech Mx518, i've had it since forever it seems, and its still going strong, i think the thing would survive a nuclear war, it lacks some of the cool tricks of the G5 (the weights, and the LED display showing what mode you are in), but i think it'll out last a G5.

I second that about the 518. I'm soon starting on my second 518 now and I had two 510s also. They tend to last about a year for me with heavy and excessive use before the main mousebutton gets borked. Its precise, direct and smooth with excellent (classic logitech really) ergonomics, but not very fancy compared to the G5 and 9. Its also solid and you're certainly not afriad of throwing it about, dunno how many times mine's gone into the floor ;)

Upvote 0
the g9 is a great mouse i dont have one but i tried it for a bit.

its nice to see the second thumbbutton back although the g5 2nd gen got that aswell. The scrollwheel is nice.
But because the outershell is exchangable you can in the end always make it fit you. I dont know i fyou're a finger mouse user or a palm user.
the g9 comes with 2 outer casings for both users. I liked the feel of it, and would definately get it if i had to get a new mouse (i actually need one i broke my scroll of my g5 i'm just to cheap). but the ergonomics are great from what i've seen. Its just another generation up.
i went from mx500 to g5 and once i get money to waste ill grab me a g9.

Upvote 0