• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Configuration Error Message

HerrPorsche

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Scottsdale, AZ
I am getting this error mess. I can play RO but can not get into configuration-When I try I get this mess. This all started when I tired to switch the graphic engine rendering I think from 3-d to 3d9 - Please Help!!!

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2616 MHz with 2047MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX (6371)

General protection fault!

History: UD3D9RenderDevice::Exec <- UViewport::Exec <- UWindowsViewport::Exec <- APlayerController::execConsoleCommand <- (ROTab_DetailSettings Package.ROTab_DetailSettings @ Function GUI2K4.UT2K4Tab_DetailSettings.MapMultiSampleModes : 007E) <- UObject::processEvent <- (ROGUIRoleSelection Package.ROGUIRoleSelection, Function ROInterface.ROGUIRoleSelection.InternalOnClick) <- UObject::processDelegate <- UGUIComponent::MouseReleased <- (GUIButton Package.GUIButton) <- UGUIController::MouseReleased <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent::LeftMouseClick <- UGUIController::NativeKeyEvent <- UInteractionMaster::MasterProcessKeyEvent <- UEngine::InputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::CauseInputEvent <- UWindowsViewport::UpdateInput <- UViewport::ReadInput <- APlayerController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=3) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Ogeldow: Poland, 12th August 1944 <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 0012FF18 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Thanks for the help guys but I seem to not be able to find an RO.ini file in the system folder. I did try to delete that file before but still recieved the same error mess. I do have a notepad file RedOrchestra that when I put the mouse over it it says Configuration Settings. I can read that the setting is still on

RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice

This is what is giving me all the problems. I made the mistake of changing it to that then all the problems.

BTW - I have updated my mother board and all the drivers for graphic card. Please help....

Upvote 0
well you can always change the render device

go to start -> search -> RedOrchestra.ini

should find the file for you, and you can change the renderer in there with adding ; 's in front of the things you don't want.

But the D3D9x render device is the one you should use.

Try going to your redorchestra system folder (by default c:\program files\steam\red orchestra\system\ ) and delete all content and then verify the game cache. That should then recreate the system folder again (not big in filesize).

As well try updating your directx 9.0c to the latest version.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en

Upvote 0