• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

windows live for ro2?

It is built into the engine for developers to make use of if they wish. At this point I do not believe TWI has a public stance on Games for Windows live. However I personally agree with several comment made by both Epic and Valve on the product and remain wary of it as just a ploy to get attention for the 360 instead of a real push to promote PC gaming.

Upvote 0
It is built into the engine for developers to make use of if they wish. At this point I do not believe TWI has a public stance on Games for Windows live. However I personally agree with several comment made by both Epic and Valve on the product and remain wary of it as just a ploy to get attention for the 360 instead of a real push to promote PC gaming.

No truer words were ever spoken! MS never misses an opportunity to exploit the consuming users.

Besides, to me.... Vista = Windows ME II :)

Reactions: Placebo Cyanide
Upvote 0
http://pc.ign.com/articles/806/806609p1.html

please say no i dont want to pay 50 bucks a month to play online
the article says that games for windows live will be on the unreal engine 3, but not UT3

Silver account is free and let's you play against other PC players. However, if you want to be able to play cross-platform, you have to pay for the Gold account.

Oh and Mike, Live is coming to XP aswell.

Upvote 0
Are you guys saying that vista could or should be the gamer's choice?

Not saying as much but having used Dos with Windows 3.11, 95, 98 + XP (pro & Family), Vista is the one that has caused less problems out of the lot.
Pleasantly surprised.

Any which way, Vista is the platform of the near future, if not the present !
Few games have problems with Vista and those to come will be made to fit.

As for DX10, that is yet to be seen.

I am using XP, after installing and making sure that it works as should, I've given the task of breaking in Vista to one of my boys.

He seems at ease with the Beast !

Things will be much clearer a year from now, no doubt...

Upvote 0
If it bothers you that much: Stop consuming stuff you dont like. :D

Except that DX10 and newer games are Vista online.

I was about to pick up Shadowrun just for kicks until I saw the "Vista Only" requirement and I remembered that any new MS game only works on Vista.

So in that respect... Even if I hated Vista with every ounce of blood (I don't really but I don't relish the fact of spending $200 or more for an upgrade just to play a damn game when XP is fine and in truth there is no performance gain) I would have no choice to buy it if a game requires DX10.

Upvote 0