• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are the TWI 50-player servers empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, just maybe they're getting bored of the same maps? I know when there are a lot people playing I'm pretty picky about what map the server is playing.

I just hope the update for Pariser Platz comes soon, and Tractor Works and Gorlitz can be fixed to work/play well on the 50 player servers.

To be honest I haven't played much lately, just not in the mood I guess...

Upvote 0
With what, 27 maps now, I doubt that people are tired of playing the same maps. After all, the Wild Bunch servers are still almost always 50/50, and they don't even have map voting there. Sniper Group's 32-player server is always full too, and they don't even have the new maps, just the maps the game shipped with, plus Danzig and Lyes. Hell, they don't even have all the maps the retail version has - KrasnyiOktyabr isn't on their server.

It was just like turning off a light - one day, there's 50/50 on the TWI servers, and the next day there's 0/50. Very odd.

Upvote 0
That is exactly why they are full. they dont have map voting. Because voting is turned on we end up on the same few maps over and over. If they would shut off map voting it would be full. Saves that few min of waiting for a map to get voted in and the same maps wouldnt get played over and over.

Upvote 0
It seems to normally picks up late at night (East Coast) and the servers "jam" on the weekends! At least that's what I have found lately. Sometimes it just takes one or two players to hang out on a server for a short while then other players looking for a game will soon fill it up. Guess no one wants to be the first player in on an empty server and thus they keep looking for other more populated ones? Who knows!

Upvote 0
Uuuuh in case any of you have been outside lately.....

It's 21 th of june it's midsummer maybe some of the guys which
used to play games decide there is more to see these summer days....

21926805.150_5030.jpg
Nice picture of girl on the beach.......

When fall arrives well meet again........

Last edited:
Upvote 0
With what, 27 maps now, I doubt that people are tired of playing the same maps. After all, the Wild Bunch servers are still almost always 50/50, and they don't even have map voting there. Sniper Group's 32-player server is always full too, and they don't even have the new maps, just the maps the game shipped with, plus Danzig and Lyes. Hell, they don't even have all the maps the retail version has - KrasnyiOktyabr isn't on their server.

It was just like turning off a light - one day, there's 50/50 on the TWI servers, and the next day there's 0/50. Very odd.

imo the difference is NA vs. EU... but ofcourse just maybe...

Upvote 0
Been wondering about this too. It cannot be the summer because of who we're talking about. Gamers don't have tans. These servers have been full 24/7 too, so it's not a timezone thing.

I've joined when there were two or three on, plus the bots to get to ten of course... and pretty much nobody joined, or the rate of attrition was equal to the rate of joiners.

I imagine it may have something to do with the fact that there are often griefers on these, and no admin contact info in the MOTD. I complained here once about a griefer and he got dealt with fast, but then after that there was admonishment for even raising the subject here... yet again, with no alternate contact info available there was no other option.

So maybe we should have a thread specifically for admin contact for the TW servers... not too complicated, is it? With the promise of swift justice, there may be more enthusiasm to join.

Plus it wouldn't be wrong to get rid of the voting for a bit to see if that helps.

Upvote 0
The TWI servers are empty because no one is admining it. Clans take the time to try and populate and moderate their servers. The devs don't have the time to do that.
Which is why the "TK forgive" mutator from days of yore is such a good idea. If some muppet TK's you deliberately, then if you don't forgive them (because it obviously wasn't an honest mistake) they get their *** kicked off, no admin necessary. Self policing... Is this idea really so bizarre & strange? Maybe I'm crazy....or there's something I'm missing.

Upvote 0
I really wish these servers would fill up, because TWB's servers are full a lot of the time when I want to play, leaving me with the choices of 24/7 Arad or Danzig (no thanks).

sometimes when you come to an empty server and you want to have it full than you have to be the first one to stay there for a few minutes - so others can join to you...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.