• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Tiggering an event at round end.

spraduke

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
wiltshire
www.spraduke.co.uk
Ok so i want to fire an event once an objective is blown up which happens to be the final objective.

Using the axis/allied event in the objective manager don't seem to work as if the events are culled due to the end of the round.

Now back in the mod days at the end of a round some maps had say planes fly over or other such things once the final objective was completed which was probably triggered by an event but i cant work out how to do this.

Anyone got an idea?

I have found a work around for this now ( a bit of a hack job ;) ). My next question is:

I want to interrupt a scripted trigger (or the scripted trigger to stop working) when a event is fired. Which ACTION do i need to use and what sequence?

Example of what is wanted:

Scripted trigger: Wait for event--->broadcast message-->Check for event--> If true break loop, if false go back to action 0

Any ideas?

Upvote 0
I have found a work around for this now ( a bit of a hack job ;) ). My next question is:

I want to interrupt a scripted trigger (or the scripted trigger to stop working) when a event is fired. Which ACTION do i need to use and what sequence?

Example of what is wanted:

Scripted trigger: Wait for event--->broadcast message-->Check for event--> If true break loop, if false go back to action 0

Any ideas?

There are two tasks here:

1. Detecting an event has fired
2. Handling it in a scripted sequence

1. must use a TriggeredCondition trigger. This actor saves the triggered state of an event. It's specifically designed to be used in ScriptedSequences with the ACTION_IfCondition.

2. Use ACTION_IfCondition to determine whether or not to break out of the loop.

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
There are two tasks here:

1. Detecting an event has fired
2. Handling it in a scripted sequence

1. must use a TriggeredCondition trigger. This actor saves the triggered state of an event. It's specifically designed to be used in ScriptedSequences with the ACTION_IfCondition.

2. Use ACTION_IfCondition to determine whether or not to break out of the loop.

Hope that helps.

Ok still need some more help with this.

So i have triggered condition waiting for an event (called Break).

I then want it to stop the current scripted trigger before the next action.

However most of the time i want it to go to the final action. If i use action_ifcondition followed by action_leavesequence (? is this right to stop scripted trigger?) will it go onto action_triggerevent if the ifcondition isn't met?

Upvote 0
Ok i think i sussed this out.
You need the ifcondition before you want to break but simply set the triggered condition to true and then toggle it off with an event. Once its off the scripted trigger stops at the ifcondition and never reaches the next action.

Sorry, didn't see your last post.

The IfCondition works like this: if the condition evaluates to true, it falls through to the next statement. If it's false, it jumps to the next EndSection command.

So:

0 IfCondition ...
1 Do some kewl stuff
2 More kewl stuff
3 Goto 0
4 EndSection
5 Continue on our merry way

The above will loop performing steps 0-3 until the condition is false. It then jumps to 4 and continues on to 5.

Make sense?

Or, if you're waiting for an event, I'd set it up like this:

0 IfCondition ...
1 Yay, our event fired
2 Goto 5
3 EndSection
4 Goto 0
5 Continue on our merry way

Here's the UDN entry that covers this: http://udn.epicgames.com/Two/Exampl...RT.html#IfConditions and _TriggeredConditions

Upvote 0
Ahh I wasn't sure what happened when it was false. That should help thanks ;).

Is there a way that you can keep the triggered conditions value (true/false) after a round restarts. Atm the event that sets the condition to false isn't round reset (custom hack job :D) so it fires the event only for one round but the next round it doesn't so i need to find another way to set the condition to false (for which im struggling atm)

EDIT:

No need to panic i just edited the Counter so that it fires an event every time is triggered when it reachs 0.

Last edited:
Upvote 0