• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

SO.... Is clipping really fixed ?

If your refering to others leaning into a corner and only a fer pixels showing to the enemy? Then i shall refer you to the changelog here http://www.redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19002
"-Adjusted the leaning first person camera views to more closely match the third person head location. This prevents players from appearing to be hidden behind an object or heavily clipping behind an object to other players while their first person perspective view was unobstructed."

so yes it has been fixed.

edit- I cant spell.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it is related. But yesterday playing kurland Kessel, I was prone in the corner of a trench, iron sights with an SMG and even though I unloaded one 74 bullet clip on two germans I didn't hit anything. I believe bullets were hitting the corner of the trench (even though I was aiming at the germans :eek:)

Upvote 0
You must take into account that sometimes a person could be off to the side in a window and shooting off towards the other side. You know, its like standing on one side of an open door. When looking at you from the other angle, they really can't see you, just a rifle sticking out (this might look like clipping). Of course, you can't see them either. I often do this when I am using a rifle and in a window. It limits my arc of view to one side, but at the same time I am not exposing myself to every enemy who can see the window.

Upvote 0
ROOst_Ogledow_clippingkill.jpg

I killed that guy, shooting his legs a few times. :(

Upvote 0
ROOst_Ogledow_clippingkill.jpg

I killed that guy, shooting his legs a few times. :(
That should be fixed like it has been done in Call of Duty and Hidden & Dangerous 2.

Where the collision detection sees you are hitting the wall, it prevents you from turning while prone.

Or preventing you to go prone in a position which is not possible.

Upvote 0
I don't believe it's been fixed completely due to some dev comments prior to the patch, but I do think it's significantly improved. I've not played much since the patch last week but in what I've played I haven't seen any clipping.

Yes it was fixed completely. The comments made before the patch were relating to the test servers.

Upvote 0
Leaning hasn't been fixed. At least not fully. I was on the Splat server last night and the enemy sniper was practically a hat and an elbow leaning round a corner...I don't know if the light was obscuring the rest of the player, but I certainly couldn't hit the fellow.
(StalingradKessel, corner by the north rail that looks up towards the admin windows)

Last edited:
Upvote 0