• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
"This is infiltration - It's CSS with iron sights and a modern wars scenario". Doesn't work.

/me runs KrazyKraut over with a black Buick, jumps on his head, hangs and quarters him,
puts it all in a meatgrinder, burns the whole mess and feeds the charred remains to the cats.

Watch your words, buddy! :D

DONT(!!!) you ever mistake INFiltration for INSurgency! :mad:

Sorry, I get a little nervous when someone does this to the greatest mod there ever was and
will be for a long, long time. :):p

Upvote 0
Sorry, I get a little nervous when someone does this to the greatest mod there ever was and
will be for a long, long time. :):p

I dont think anyone is mixing them up, we are using INF as a yard stick by which to measure realism mods, because.. well hell, can you think of a better one? you have to live up to atleast that to be worthy of the titel "realism mod" IMO.

Upvote 0
Well I don't know about you chooch's but I got my hopes high for this mod, hope it delivers with out without all this realism stuff. Jesus, I love how some people on this forum, freak, and freak over realism. Christ I thought RO was up there in that category but I guess not
I mean, who was it that said, "we don't want fun, we want realism!".....come on.... I applaud the RO staff for finding a good balance between having fun and having a game realistic, because war is not exactly fun!
To me, there is, and never will be no game that will have be the end all, be all and meet these ridiculous realism standards you guys go on about because no matter how many features you toss in there, half the community will be running around the battlefields of Europe like they are Audie Murphy. Why? Its sort of hard to simulate the fear of death and in my mind as far as 'realism goes, that tops the list. Of course who knows maybe in the future some wild eyed developer will release the ultimate 'realism' game where you attach a device to you're head and every time you get shot, it simulates the actual pain for a while that you would theoretically feel. Yeah, that would go over great.

*Concerned mother hears her child fall on the floor upstairs, screaming in agony for 30 seconds- "Honey, are you alright up there?" "I'm fine mom........its realism" :D

Upvote 0
hope it delivers with out without all this realism stuff. Jesus, I love how some people on this forum, freak, and freak over realism. Christ I thought RO was up there in that category but I guess not
You're missing the point though. They've built up the image that INS is going to be the be-all and end-all of realism games, yet not be so realistic it isn't "fun" (though without mentioning whose idea of fun).That's a contradiction right there. They then bash RO over the slightest concessions to realism, yet they're quite happy to completely ignore some realistic features and openly criticise others.

The issue we all have with them is that they're quite openly hypocritical and that the majority of the inhabitants of their forums are rabid, uninformed, fanbois who believe that INS is the second coming of ultimate realism, and that it can do no wrong. Inevitably though, they're going to be disappointed. It's an unreleased game (therefore publically untested) that's had scant media released (and the little that has been has been unimpressive) over the course of its lengthy 3 years in development. Yet, so many of the denizens of those boards are so blinded by the hype (both real and their own inner build up) that no matter what eventually gets released, there's no way that it will be able to match up to what they envisage. It's a lofty pedestal the game's been put on and that means it's a long way for it to crash back to Earth.

Upvote 0
A question: would HL2: DM be enough to run Insurgency?
Because I don't have any source-based games in my Steam (I don't have any games in my Steam, except RO :)), and now people with Radeon video cards can get that game for free..
So, should I download HL2DM, or it will only waste my time?

Lol I wonder the same thing ^^

Who know my old Radeon 9600 pro (that I bought some 4 years ago) would give me free games today

Upvote 0
EDITED
Looks like the answer is no. This special download won't allow access to the Source SDK, so you'll still need to actually pay for something in order to play HL2 mods. As I've suggested to people before, just keep an eye out for the regular specials Valve advertise and grab the absolute cheapest thing you can that'll give you access. There are some fun mods out there, so it can be worth it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0