• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Spring Beta Patch Comments

Actually I can remember a few other things that were going to "ruin the game" going way back. I've been told the following things would ruin the game at various times:
- Realism
- Iron sights
- lack of crosshair
- Free-aim
- Players moving a realistic speed
- bullet ballistics
- Not having Americans in the game

Guess we'll have to keep doing the same thing we've always done - make the game WE like to play, and hope others like to play it too :)

Don't forget Player inertia. Scared the pants off me back in 3.3... or was it .2?

Upvote 0
Why has the g41's ammo issue not been fixed. :confused:

You still cannot pick up 7.92x57 clip pouches. And it says "g41 mag pouch", Whats in those? An extra magazine well?
Well, if you have a K98 you could use the G41/G43 mags since the content consists of two 5-round stripper clips which are the same you use in the K98.

However, when you have the G41/G43 the K98 clips aren't of any use if you don't have the mags to put them in.

Upvote 0
However, when you have the G41/G43 the K98 clips aren't of any use if you don't have the mags to put them in.

The g41 has a non removable magazine. just like any bolt action.

The g43 mags has no stripper clips in it, just the spring mechanism that holds/feeds the 10 rounds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The g41 has a non removable magazine. just like any bolt action.

The g43 mags has no stripper clips in it, just the spring mechanism that holds/feeds the 10 rounds.
Oh yes, sorry the G43 doesn't. :D

However, the G41(W), the Walther designed (also the Mauser designed G41(M)) one had stripper clips right?
At least, the last time I saw the G41(W) it had 2 stripper clips in it.

Upvote 0
Quick question though. Why adding the "BT-7" if there could be some more important/better tanks? Ok, BT-7 is nice for the Russians because now they have a light tank better than T-60 and worse than T34 but I'd rather have some more Jagdpanzer because the Germans lack on a quick tank such as Jagdpanzer IV or Hetzer.
Or a balance for the Clown-Car would be quiet useful as well...
I don't want to list some tanks I'd like to have in RO now and the BT-7 is a nice idea but as there are already models for Hetzers and even Elephants (you see them destroyed e.g. at K

Upvote 0
Oh yes, sorry the G43 doesn't. :D

However, the G41(W), the Walther designed (also the Mauser designed G41(M)) one had stripper clips right?
At least, the last time I saw the G41(W) it had 2 stripper clips in it.

Both versions of the g41 use clips to load rounds into the fixed magazine, so they should use the same ammo pouch that the riflemen have.

When i use the g41 i only shoot 5 rounds then i reload. I use it like an auto version of the k98 and keep the extra 5 rounds incase SHTF and i need them. It can be difficult using the g41 when you can't take ammo off of fellow fallen soldiers, and instead you have to run to an ammo cache.

If this was the only thing tweaked in the patch i would still be as happy as i am now with this beta.

Upvote 0
Why was increased the number of semi-auto rifles? There is no need of boltie on most of maps, really ruining the game:(

This is because most of the test servers that are populated are 50 man servers and thus have the class limits for maps shifted for bigger servers (even when only 10 people are on the server). This made on request from the community.

Upvote 0
There are still sound problems on Tcherkassy.

Yes, local channel is fixed, it has worked very reliably.

Also, with the expanded classes, even on full servers we wouldn't get realistic amounts of riflemen. I did some math and the krauts should have 12 riflemen with k98k's. With the class expansion we'd get around 6-7. Right now, during beta testing, we get 1 (usually me).

Upvote 0
<snip>Right now, during beta testing, we get 1 (usually me).

Thats because you dont play on a full 50 player server, and everyone apparantly picks the special weapon classes first. When such a server is full, you will see plenty of riflemen, since those classes will be filled and only bolt action rifles are unlimited. Nothing was changed for 32 player servers btw.

What are the sound problems on Tcherkassy?

Upvote 0
Quick question though. Why adding the "BT-7" if there could be some more important/better tanks? Ok, BT-7 is nice for the Russians because now they have a light tank better than T-60 and worse than T34 but I'd rather have some more Jagdpanzer because the Germans lack on a quick tank such as Jagdpanzer IV or Hetzer.
Or a balance for the Clown-Car would be quiet useful as well...
I don't want to list some tanks I'd like to have in RO now and the BT-7 is a nice idea but as there are already models for Hetzers and even Elephants (you see them destroyed e.g. at K

Upvote 0