• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Summer Update Beta Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I put a blocking volume in there long ago but apparently the engine doesn't recognize that when standing up. Probably should have just pulled the bed.

If the BT was moving, there still should be no bug but that is acceptable over one where you can't get on at all. ;) I haven't played with it at all since sending the map in weeks ago so I can't test it. I don't want to download the patch either as I don't want to risk messing with the edtior and on-going projects that will be influenced by the code changes to vehicles/guns.

Upvote 0
I had some issues with installing the beta...

I followed each of the steps described and once I had verified the local files steam began to download more files again. Is this the steam issue that was mentioned earlier. I'm also wondering if it was because I still had some of the AHZ files remaining; I removed the suggested files but did still have some remaining. Should all AHZ files be removed?

Upvote 0
Okay, this is becoming ridiculous. I had the beta installed and working fine. Start up Steam today and it downloads the small update Ramm mentioned in another post and says 100%. Start RO and it crashes my video, corrupted intro screens then black screen that turns off my monitor.

Reboot, works fine. Join FLOT beta server and play some berezina, then we vote for leningrad and it starts to download the map from the server (Verrrrrry slowly). Didn't think that maps needed to dl with the beta so I exited. Verified cache and now it seems to be dl'ing the whole beta again, or at least something that takes a long time!

What is happening now? Any chance it has something to do with joining a beta server running Armoured Beasts earlier? Because that's the only thing I've done that might be considered out of the ordinary. Should I avoid verifying the cache?

EDIT: Well dl ended and the game works again. Spent a good long time playing and had fun, yay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just playing Berezina on TWB*s Beta server and RO crashed back to Steam with this critical error. I've never experienced before and could not tell you how to copy it. I deffo don't think it has anything to do with laying next to a bunker on the east bank though lol 8)

URL]

Upvote 0
A few of my observations:

In BT-7 tank, when returning to interior view from slotted view, there is a slight jump - very irritating.

I'm seeing clipping issues with AT guns - I can point the barrel downward through supporting sandbags.

This scalable reinforcements system...it needs help. I played a practice match, 32 players, and reinforcements were immediately showing as depleted. One death = out of the match for good.

Finally, the AI seems to be behaving strangely - in the sense that they seem to have disappeared. Very few bots show their faces now, which is odd. At least, this sometimes occurs when I play offense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I installed the update and tried to play a default map Kongis and Danzig but the server kept trying to have me download it (not from a redirect of course). The files are still in my maps folder so I don't know what the beta did to my install exactly.

I have since validated my game cache which caused steam to start updating the game. I'll let you know if that helps.

Upvote 0
Just to be clear.

You modify your Steam shortcut by clicking on Properties and you modify the Target line so you have this (it will look different depending on where you have steam installed, of course):

"E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -beta roclient50

You click on that shortcut and Steam opens and should automatically download the beta update. This is where things get a little fuzzy. You may be able to play now, or you may need to "Verify Cache" and download it again. I had problems here, but eventually it did work. Just let it finish downloading whatever it wants.

Once the downloading is sorted out, you click on Red Orchestra in the My Games tab in Steam.

It should start and show the new RED menu screen. If you see the old GRAY menu then you are not running the beta. The error you mentioned, where the server refuses to download the map, happens when you try to play on a beta server when you are not running the beta yourself. Something must have gotten mixed up and reverted back to the non-beta version. You shouldn't have to download any maps.

This is what you want to see:

RedOrchestra2007-05-2413-37-22-70.png

Upvote 0
Just to be clear.

You modify your Steam shortcut by clicking on Properties and you modify the Target line so you have this (it will look different depending on where you have steam installed, of course):

"E:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe" -beta roclient50

You click on that shortcut and Steam opens and should automatically download the beta update. This is where things get a little fuzzy. You may be able to play now, or you may need to "Verify Cache" and download it again. I had problems here, but eventually it did work. Just let it finish downloading whatever it wants.

Once the downloading is sorted out, you click on Red Orchestra in the My Games tab in Steam.

It should start and show the new RED menu screen. If you see the old GRAY menu then you are not running the beta. The error you mentioned, where the server refuses to download the map, happens when you try to play on a beta server when you are not running the beta yourself. Something must have gotten mixed up and reverted back to the non-beta version. You shouldn't have to download any maps.

This is what you want to see:

RedOrchestra2007-05-2413-37-22-70.png
The weird thing was that I had that red screen, and the new music, but whenever I tried to play on a beta server it tried to send me the maps. I had the maps because I could play them in practice mode. Havent had a chance to test it today.

Upvote 0
Hey,
for those having problems with this but still want to play the beta, installing Steam to a different location and installing RO to that location really works. I now have two shortcuts;

F:\games\Steam-beta\Steam.exe -beta roclient50 -applaunch 1200
and
F:\games\Steam\steam.exe -applaunch 1200

Switching between the two is no problem now -- you just have to remember to exit steam before changing.

Hope this helps someone play the beta.

-S

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.