• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Call Of Duty 4 Trailer And Screenshot From Starcraft 2

CoD1 was groundbreaking. UO was their pinnacle game...and Greymatter made it. Go figure. CoD2 hosed the mod community from day one and was nothing more than a console version that would run on your PC. If you know anything of the debacle that was CoD2, you would think better before buying an IW product. I strongly advise the smart consumer to wait a few weeks, read the forum feedback or talk to fools...I mean people who bought it.

I for one will never buy another game even related to Infinity Ward. Period.

Upvote 0
Looks somewhat interesting, if they pull it off like COD1 it could be ok, and it'd be nice to see a feasible conflict portrayed.

COD1 was indeed great but I think UO sucked anus and hate it when people lump it and COD1 in together. You could tell UO was made by GM when all the guns had been weakened, made super innacurate and even nerfed big time (ie. the PPSh). Then with total abandon of logic after making the guns so damn weak and innacurate across the board they lowered your ammunition count, so after even a brief fire fight in MP with your styrofoam firing scatterguns you are just about totally out of ammo. All they had to do was incorporate the vehicles, AT stuff and new guns into the game and not **** with anything else and it would have been great.

On top of that the SP campaign was just ****ty and half baked, the lack of any real battle missions for the British pissed me off. I mean the Poms did more than throw commando units behind enemy lines you know, at least COD1 had Pegasus Bridge. Actually UO really reminded me a lot of the Spearhead expansion for MOH:AA, another expansion that ****ed around with gameplay/weapon mechanics and had a ****ty SP campaign.

COD2 was like the worst parts of COD1 and UO got pissed and ****ed each other creating a bastard child.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
CoD1 was groundbreaking. UO was their pinnacle game...and Greymatter made it. Go figure. CoD2 hosed the mod community from day one and was nothing more than a console version that would run on your PC. If you know anything of the debacle that was CoD2, you would think better before buying an IW product. I strongly advise the smart consumer to wait a few weeks, read the forum feedback or talk to fools...I mean people who bought it.

I for one will never buy another game even related to Infinity Ward. Period.

Here! Here!! I agree with Slyk completely. Especially since CoD4 is using a very tired and heavily modified Q3 engine.

CoD4 IMHO, is DOA b4 it hits shelves.. its nothing more than a cheap shot by Activision to grab some bux. Especially since IW & Treyarch are wholly owned by Activision... lock, stock and barrel. CoD2 a flop.... CoD3 a bigger flop and now CoD4? :D

Upvote 0
lol? What the hell do you people want? I think it looks great! Will most likely get it, but want a demo first. No more nasty Auto Helth Replentishment, thank you.

thats the point it LOOKS great, but the gameplay is total crap. i guess it would be the same as cod2: new graphic, bad weapons, crappy sounds, bad multiplayer. if they implent health regeneration as well they can also spend their money for good donations.

:edit: well said, reddog :)

Upvote 0
I just hated the repetetive nature of it.

You start off with say a thompson and a garand, run out of ammo for both and then you spend the rest of the game/level with an mp40 and possibly k98, rinse and repeat. Plus if i shoot someone in the head they should stay dead not get back up, that was extremly frustrating.

It did a good job of creating movie like action sequences but that was about it imo

Upvote 0
This is gonna fail hard. Period.

It's going to be what CoD2 and onwards have been famous for: all showy, no substance. Plus shooting a hundred guys over the course of a mission...-_- Don't IW and company realize that it actually gets TIRING after a while?! :mad:

Some people probably never tire of it, plus you get new groups, maybe early teens that are just getting into these things and don't know there is anything better :p Then you just get the people who think the graphics are the substance...

Upvote 0
...it introduced 3d-iron sights to commercial shooters
YOU GOT IT WRONG!
5a3bebc5c72ab21f8a116c7pq8.jpg

Vietcong was the first game to use iron sights.

Upvote 0