• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I'm gonna bet one that will finally shut the King Tiger fanboys up. Good luck balancing maps with that one in it, though.

oh ... you mean the Tiger II ... was thinking about the Sturmtiger :confused:

naaah. To be serious. I also think Its a german beast that is usefull for us. But ... I never was happy about a Tiger II idea ... cause of realism reasons -.-

but hey, thats my point of view ... and the Tiger II - fanyboys out there do tear up everyone in peaces that is scratching the paint on their lidle babies.

Upvote 0
We also are looking to get an early war KV1 out the door
That's the one thing I'd really like to see (aside from SU152). Can you guys just model the KV-1 turret and attach it to the existing KV-1S body? I thought the main noticable (visual) difference between the 2 was the turret? That could dramatically speed up it's implementation.

Upvote 0
Wish list? It's been a while since I did mine so why the hell not-

I'd love to see the KV1 ekranami and the KV85 (yes I know it was a stopgap run of just 150-odd and the gun was better off used for the t34, but hey , I just think it's the best looking thing on tracks)
ISU 152 is a given as I believe it will help with tank balance where tigers are used pre '44 (Nekrasivo, no spasibo!)
I would also like to think some of the armour provided mare nostrum gives us could be brought over as lease lend at some point too.
I mention Russian stuff because I believe this is the side that requires a little more variety and strengthening- as besides, theres enough people speaking for German additions.

Anyway, much appreciation for the introduction of the BT7 from a big fan of early war battles. It will add immense character and variety to the game, many thanks!
Interesting that the 1st new 3rd party Russian addition is a small, reletivly weak tank that will require great skill to use effectivly, whereas the 1st German one may well be a immense beast that will be able to wipe out all opponents, phaps regardless of the skill of it's crew.

Upvote 0
I just want more early war stuff. I could care less which side gets it. I just find the late war stuff done to death, really.

I agree, I like that you have to use the tanks correctly if you want to last at all. With late war tanks it seems to me that people just park and trade shells across the map until one of them blows up. With early war light tanks I tend to see more movement from the tanks, just my opinion though.

Upvote 0
Not only that, but you have to actually coordinate between tanks designed for different roles. I mean, honestly, you don't have to do the "Secret Arad Death Maneuver" (a.k.a. park and shoot) in late war tanks, but that's how people use them. On BDJ, SMART teams actually work together to do more than just park and shoot. Maneuvering counts for a lot.

But one thing that changes in the later war maps is that the tanks are far more homogenous in design and role. Not so with early war tanks. Different tank doctrines exist in the early war that change over time (certainly on the Eastern Front, anyway). These require not only smarter tank use, but also coordinated efforts.

Especially on a combined arms map like Berezina, you wouldn't be able to expect your cavalry tanks to do park 'n' shoot against enemy medium tanks. Likewise, your slower infantry tanks would be able to take a beating, but would be ill-suited towards exploiting a breach.

Anyway, I think the early war approach requires people to think differently and makes the two sides much more distinct. With the later war maps, it's easy to sort of fall into a "T-34-85 = Pz IV h; IS-2 = Tiger I" mentality. Granted, the tanks are a lot more nuanced than all that, but even so, late war has vehicles that are much closer in design to each other than early war stuff.

Upvote 0
Ok, Ok, to end the speculation, here is a screenshot. The 'new' model is in it somewhere...

Shot00250.jpg
Shot00250.jpg

Ok, so that's a little hard to see. Try this one:

Shot00251.jpg

The "real" thing coming to a download link near you this week...

Upvote 0
You know the thing I like about the way this thread is going... ? The fact that people are starting to get on someone else's back about implementing stuff... lol

Glad to be of some help. :)

It's actually something I wanted all the way back to the days of CoD:UO but never could get Lex or Slyk to commit to it. It's completely new, well kind of. My feeling is that some people will love it, some may not (or at least ask why we did it).

Last edited:
Upvote 0