• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A letter to community.

M.R.Maiornikov

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 24, 2006
Ostfront
Hello fellow board members. Some of you may not even heard of me and with some of you i had a chance to cross on the battlefield. But i've been around RO for about a year and a half now.Started playing this amazing game in the MOD days. Personally i believe that this community is relatively small one for a great game like that, but it's a really dedicated community, and i salute you all who made this game amazing to play. But...

...but one thing bothers me almost every time i play it. The teamkills. Now i know that those things happen by error and i have nothing against it because i myself killed a few :D.And i know that there are alot of intentional teamkills that really piss you off. But the thing that i hate the most about them is the lack of politness showed by some RO players. Basically when you teamkill someone you would need to appologize for that action. But some of them simply ignore it and act like nothing happens, and when you tell them to atleast say sorry, what they do... they blast you with insults. This happened to me on several occasions including today on a wild bunch 50 players server. BAsically the guy teamkilled me for my trophy sniper rifle which i managed to get from a killed russian soldier. I asked his to atleast appologize for it, but he just told me to go XXXX myself.

So please people, show alittle politness and appologize next time you kill someone. That will make everyone happy and this game will become ever more enjoyable than before.

Have a nice day.

Fine sentiments mate but im afraid you're just pissing in the wind, this game, just like all the others, has its share of dickheads whose sole purpose is to piss everyone else off, the only answer is strong admins (note strong not apprentice hitlers) who are able to assess a situation and deal with it appropriately.:cool:

Upvote 0
I don't mind being tk'd over range (cos thats part n parcel of everything RO!)

But when your actually hear the ppsh ripping through your ear drums as some total fecktard rips you to shreds from 8 feet away, that just makes my blood boil!!!! :mad:

And not apologizing for it is something Ive gotten quite used to nowadays sadly!

You just gotta pat yourself down and re-spawn my friend :)

Upvote 0
I agree with these sentiments it costs nothing to be polite and shows a level of maturity that sad to say is beyond some.
It is very annoying to see this happen on our server but rest assured if you report such behaviour like this to either an admin or PM me here with the details the player concerned will be dealt with on his/her next visit to one of our servers.

Upvote 0
I always say sorry over voip, i know some people have it turned off but i rarely type my sorries. Whenever i catch a friendly bullet i'd say about 95% of the players say sorry to me, if they don't i'm not going to ask them to apologise either though because asshats will use it to start flaming so I just leave it be.

Now the spawnkillers are the worst though, shooting you in the spawn then say sorry. They keep doing it but with different people each time they respawn. But oh well. Anonimity + People = Retards

Upvote 0
I agree with these sentiments it costs nothing to be polite and shows a level of maturity that sad to say is beyond some.
It is very annoying to see this happen on our server but rest assured if you report such behaviour like this to either an admin or PM me here with the details the player concerned will be dealt with on his/her next visit to one of our servers.

Sorry mate but i don't want to point fingers at noone. If you see players like this then just do your admin work.I really like your server btw almost all the time i play on it.

Upvote 0
I have to admit, it's rare to get an apology these days. I hate to invoke the "back in the day" thing, but it used to be extremely rare for someone to NOT apologize.

That's the price we pay for a bigger community.
In BF2 nobody ever says sry for TK's. Just be happy that most do in RO. I get an apology 99% of the times I get TK'ed. But there is an admin on most of the time on the servers I play. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say that this thread is useless whining. More players means more asshats. And they dont read this forum anyway. I rather have more targets in my sight than an apology every time I get TKed. :eek:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's the price we pay for a bigger community.
In BF2 nobody ever says sry for TK's. Just be happy that most do in RO. I get an apology 99% of the times I get TK'ed. But there is an admin on most of the time on the servers I play. :rolleyes:

I'm sorry to say that this thread is useless whining. More players means more asshats. And they dont read this forum anyway. I rather have more targets in my sight than an apology every time I get TKed. :eek:

and how exactly did you concluded that, considering you joined this board this month.

and my post isn't whining but a call to the community.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yeah, I noticed nobody says sorry anymore (except for a few).

Earlier today yelling at me because he shot at me and hit me in the legs, I turned around and aimed, fired. Now the distance was great, and at the distance I couldn't really tell if it was friendly or enemy and guess what.

Friendly, and of course he yells at me, when it was he who shot me first by accident.

Upvote 0