• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Map Contest Winners!!

So where can I download the mappack with all these great maps?

Fileplanet :

Open an account/sign up, find the file that you want to download, let fileplanet install its "File Manager" and thats all there is to it, its not hard !

You will have to take your turn on the public servers which might involve waiting for a while but their download speed is very good.

Do like I do and wait till America is sleeping, then your wait time will be quite short, in general about 10 minutes.

I've been using it for years and have never had a problem, recommended !

Upvote 0
You know what, I have to open up here.

I designed my map to be intense and full of action. I achieved that by doing it very linear and small.

And I haven't played tractor works either so I can't give comments about it.
No hard feelings for anyone. It was a great competition.
And please, let's just stop this "I was surprised" "I disagree" thing, and let the thread to be a congratulations thread.
Constructive criticism is always welcome, ALWAYS, but let's say that in the map thread and just leave it out from other threads.

PS. I apologize if I wrote some words that made no sense. It was my friend's birthday today and I've drank quite a lot.

And congratulations to all mappers. You made some really fantastic maps :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I designed my map to be intense and full of action. I achieved that by doing it very linear and small.
I think your map plays to the strengths of the game itself - a case of choosing what works well and having a good sense of what RO's all about, rather than an attempt to create something dramatically distinctive or different.
I imagine the judges picked up on this

I thought Tcherkassy was another map that had this quality.

Upvote 0
Congratz to the winners and all other contributers of this contest.

I didn't even play all of the contest maps yet. However some maps are very groundbreaking in their design and enrich RO in new gameplay styles. It's really hard to judge the best map. There were a couple of maps which would have had deserved to win equally.

But as my personal opinion I would have choosen the winner map among the most innovative maps, as they bring in new aspects into RO, far beyond even compared to the stock maps.

Upvote 0
1st FUN Tournament

1st FUN Tournament

we decided to play first mini-tournament on some of these maps. 2 clans combined in 1 team. So we have 4 teams:
1) 2M & KRUTUS
2) CMW & {Core}
3) |DS13| & |5thW|
4) -dfn- &IcM

Maps:
A - Smolensk
B - Berezina
C - Leningrad
D - PariserPlatz
E - Road to Hill
F - TractorWorks

System:
table.jpg

... I belive it will be fun :)

Upvote 0
we decided to play first mini-tournament on some of these maps. 2 clans combined in 1 team. So we have 4 teams:
1) 2M & KRUTUS
2) CMW & {Core}
3) |DS13| & |5thW|
4) -dfn- &IcM

Maps:
A - Smolensk
B - Berezina
C - Leningrad
D - PariserPlatz
E - Road to Hill
F - TractorWorks

System:
table.jpg

... I belive it will be fun :)

Damn, I wish some NA clans did something like that. Who won?

Upvote 0