• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please To Make Map Show Where Is Boundary Mine Field

a problem i do have is to crawl in to the mine field but i do not know i am in it! the message does say i am inside of mine field but because of crawl is too slow to get out. :(
also to drive a vehicle in mine field is bad. so little time to turn and go out! vehicle go so fast you are far in mine field before you read message warning.

but ro is good game :) i have just this problem!

i have idea! maybe is not possible to do on map because of mine field change when objective is capture. so to fix this problem is maybe good idea to give a warning for when you are go NEAR mine field (plus same one as usual for when you are go inside). but this one does show before you are inside of it. slow down vehicle! be careful! this will help. :)

Upvote 0
if you die in a minefield its mostly because you are trying to exploit the map by going where you shouldnt...

signs to mark minefields would ruin the natural look of maps, immagine like in COD having all these little signs every 5m... how realistic
and mappers can set their minefileds to warn you a certain time before exploding, but if you speed into a minefield with your clowncar to go around the german tanks on arad, so you can satchel them. then i think you deserve to blow up! :p

Upvote 0
Mappers need to set the timer properly before you explode IMO (pretty sure its possible). As soon as you see that message come up you usually have time to get out of there in most maps if you're on foot, but if you're in a tank you're usually gonna die because of the time it takes to turn around. Having a separate message for vehicles would be nice, or just longer timers in general, or a long timer at the boundary, then insta death if you keep going to far. Stop and you have plenty of time, but keep going more than a couple of metres and you die instantly.

Upvote 0
The majority of stock maps have very subtle markers, stones or bushes in many cases, that define the boundaries. Just take time to learn the maps. Many custom maps have no visual markers at all. In my maps, I have some depending on the areas but usually try to use natural looking things like fences to create a boundary. In many cases you just have to figure out where the edges are and stay away from them.

Upvote 0
don't try to flank and no minefield problem

Fixed :)

Seriously, it gets rediculous sometimes. Sometimes people try to flank, only to be punished by getting blown up. It's especially bad on Ogledow and Konigsplatz. Don't even try to take an alternative to the objective - drive straight to it, or you'll get blown up!

If you're adding limitations to your maps, do it with a glass wall. Don't punish players for flanking.

Upvote 0
This is mostly a map problem, partially a game problem.

The default time until the minefield kills you is 2 seconds. Most official maps change this to 6 seconds but I personally don't like to go below 10. For large tank maps like Orel even a 30 second minefield timer wouldn't give people any extra advantage, all it would do is save them from another 5 minute drive back from spawn. ;)

Mappers also need to use visual clues to where minefields start. This can be anything from a fence, row of trees, different grass texture, road, telephone poles/wires, etc. This really helps players out because they remember these visual cues and know that if you step past certain objects they will enter the minefield.

At least one Dev has expressed that he would like to see an audio cue when entering a minefield as well. This would definately help because often you are fighting for your life and do not notice the little text message at the top of the screen until it's too late.

Upvote 0
I think minefield volumes are best used as minefields: marked or not, but able to kill both teams, and not as protection. If you want to prevent players straying from the battlefield, I think a blocking volume is best.

True, but some visual cue to go along with it. Not just anything either, but something that you know you can't go past, like a fence, row of trees or somehing solid.

Upvote 0