• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Normandy 1944 Mappers

So anyone with a fondness for real world locations want to join with the DH Team, You can make something quality?
hmm lets see... I'm offering the opportunity to make two battles from the Caen front; Battle of Carpiquet and les Mesnil Patry.
The Battle of Carpiquet was a tank & Infantry battle with Hitlerjugend troops defending the airfield and village of Carpiquet against the Canadian 8th Brigade. Seriously brutal combat took place there.
And les Mesnil Patry, another tank & Infantry battle, where the Canadian's were ambushed in the the cornfields by Hitlerjugend Panzergrenadiers and Panthers.
If those tempt the tastebuds of any mappers drop me a PM. :)

yup, quality mappers out there: i find more satisfaction in working in the DH team then to work alone. they provide me with pictures, plans, feedback, meshes, textures, new weapons... all you need to make good maps.

plus if you make a map for DH, you can be sure your map will be played by thousands of players when the mod comes out!!

Upvote 0
Actually I don't have much time atm,I need my exams result first to know if I'm admitted at my pilot school or not.
Then maybe I could try to help you with my little mapping skill but not within a month from now. But I'd be more useful if you need some french translation :p

I'll contact you if I can.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
heh, glad to see that you guys are adding in Canadian forces to your mod. I never took a lot of interest in DH before (I'm a bit tired of the setting in WW2 games), but now I think I'll be keeping an eye on this mod.

by the way, to whoever makes the maps for these battles, you can find first-hand accounts of them in the book Holding Juno by Mark Zuehlke. I'd highly suggest getting this book from your local library if you want to know how the battles unfolded.

Upvote 0
Yeah a little extra effort on my part and I found that one. what about this Iron Europe I dont think that I have heard of that one before.
We're just a small little mod representing combat on the western front in the great war. Are first release will focus on the 1916 somme offensive but we hope to include much more. I think theres about 4 or 5 of us working on it at the moment, but we are getting some great help from the DH and mare nostrum teams, any additional help would be super ace.

Upvote 0