• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Armored Beasts Beta 2.0

I also agree this mut is and does work very well. On our server, we've had nothing but good comments about it, save for one whiner, very uneducated and uninformed, who accussed all the Germans of hacking due to the reload time on their tanks.....:rolleyes:
Even this aspect is realistic however, as in reality, throughout most of the war, the Germans had a superiority in all aspects of armored warfare (better training, communication, superior guns, better optics, better tactics, etc, etc), which would have included faster reload times as part of better coordination between crew members.....

Upvote 0
Hello FLOT, i played on your server and enjoyed the mod. So much more realistic..it gives you a complete new feeling of shooting enemy tanks and stuff.
Anyway there is only 1 thing I don't really like: Everybody switches to High explosive shells directly after being in tank battle so it basically ruins the fun a bit when u see ur tiger engine getting shot by high expl. even by a range of more than 600m by a t34-76...in my opinion the mod makes the he shells more important at all coz russians seem to see in those shells the only proper way to kill a tiger by high range..which kinda ****s for the tiger driver..its been too many times already i got damaged by he shells while fighting with real armor p. shells like its ment to be in the first place.
i hope guys understand what i'm on about..

Upvote 0
Thanks Avantgarde....we appreciate it!
To answer the question about "few" Russian tankers, we have found just the opposite with the "new improved" mod, as our members, and outside players can attest. I have been in both Tigers and Panthers in the new version of the mut, and have had Russian T-34's take me out with one shot, so the mut is not unbalanced in favor of the Germans. I have of course also taken T-34's out with one shot, but some have taken 3 or 4 shots. It depends on a number of variables built into the mod, as in real life, which I believe makes this mut the most realistic ballistic mod I have ever played. Finally, I have found its possible to finish off a burning, flaming tank, if you of course hit it in the right spot, with a HE shell, thereby saving an AP shell. Of course, on some maps as well, those HE shells still come in handy in cleaning out those pesky anti-tank soldiers from buildings.....;)

Upvote 0
This mod is great I love to play with it, finally are real tank battles and soon will be next version with a lot things, it will be more realistic. After playing this mod I couldn't play as before where was some stupid ricochets on T34 turret from tiger, and couldn't destroy it... Russians now have less chance on map like Orel or Black Day July but there are only T34/76. In maps where are T34/85 they with no difficult can destroy in front panthers or tigers by shooting turret. In maps like orel to have fair play it needs some limits of players and time of respawning tanks and it will be in next version and a lot more things. Finally stug is like it was in real.. Not like before when stug was always get destroyed by russian 76mm. Now over 100m T34/76 cant it destroy from front and that it was in real.

Upvote 0
BUG ANNOUNCEMENT
i uploaded mutator to server (had to uplaod also aHMT_ROVehicles files aswell)
restarted comletely server
activated mutator on server via webadmin
mutator active

after few map changes it was disabled by itself.

anyone experienced this?

EDIT
as i saw previous posts of Amizaur - yes we experience addon to turn off itself on three different servers.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
BUG ANNOUNCEMENT
i uploaded mutator to server (had to uplaod also aHMT_ROVehicles files aswell)
restarted comletely server
activated mutator on server via webadmin
mutator active

after few map changes it was disabled by itself.

anyone experienced this?

EDIT
as i saw previous posts of Amizaur - yes we experience addon to turn off itself on three different servers.

NOT happening on our servers.... At all. They run for days on end between re-boots.

Upvote 0
To answer the question about "few" Russian tankers, we have found just the opposite with the "new improved" mod, as our members, and outside players can attest. I have been in both Tigers and Panthers in the new version of the mut, and have had Russian T-34's take me out with one shot, so the mut is not unbalanced in favor of the Germans. I have of course also taken T-34's out with one shot, but some have taken 3 or 4 shots. It depends on a number of variables built into the mod, as in real life, which I believe makes this mut the most realistic ballistic mod I have ever played. Finally, I have found its possible to finish off a burning, flaming tank, if you of course hit it in the right spot, with a HE shell, thereby saving an AP shell. Of course, on some maps as well, those HE shells still come in handy in cleaning out those pesky anti-tank soldiers from buildings.....;)

Very well stated. Our experiences with the MUT are exactly the same on our servers... It is fine so far except for a few needed minor tweaks. It runs good, adds to the gameplay quality and is reliable.

Upvote 0
Hmm it seems that if versions of tanks are implemented that use custom textures the packages those custom tanks are in have to be uploaded as well to get the mutator working (at least what I tried with a version I changed and compiled), even if the map using that certain tank is not present on the server.

I think there are three ways to solve it:
  1. Include everything in one package --> this would force Admins to upload unneeded packages
  2. Include AB ready custom tanks in an own custom package --> people running a map with a custom tank that is affected by AB have to upload all orignial packages of the custom tanks implemented in the AB-custom package
  3. Include AB ready custom tanks in own custom packages named after a certain sheme like ABaHMT_ROVehicles, ABWeltstankskins5 ... that way no additional packages (exluding the small AB-packages) have to be uploaded on the server --> the backdraw is that a lot of AB-packages would occure, but would make adding new tanks easier as there would not have to be a new version of the mutator if a map uses let's say a T34/76 with a new skin

Thanks Quietus for posting here, but could you please try the mutator before commenting, otherwise your postings have the aura of a trollish attempt to make this mutator look bad.

Upvote 0
can we get diffrent types of tank ammo?

like the Panzer IV had 5 or so diffrent kinds of ammo.
HEAT
APCBC
APCR
Smoke
HE

Working on it. The two kinds of ammo limit had to be introduced at the very early stage of RO design, it's determined in VehicleWeapon class (even wothout RO prefix). Probably gonna take some work to make good workaround, but it's on the queue.

Upvote 0
Since I am the creator of aHMT_Vehicles and I think this mutator is a wonderful addition to RO, is there anything I need to do before I release Narva Final.

In the aHMT_ Vehicle there is a number of elements changed to the Tiger and T-34s which include T-34 reduce HE ability, Tiger skin, turret turning speed and armour values changed.

If you need anything done please PM me.

Also in future i will hoping to add to the aHMT_Package, so it be interested to make sure it works with this wonderful mutator.

Upvote 0

Sure its not unbalanced to any side. Its more realistic and thats what I like the most. And i also know that tankers used He shells after penetrading the armor with ap to give the tank "the rest" if you know what i mean. but its not logical at all that russians are firering with he shells by a range of 700 m and destroy the engine...thats not fun at all...

Upvote 0