• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944

I saw your images at moddb.com. It looks great but please don't make the mistake and over-bloom your maps. It might be fashionable in commercial games right now, because they can't just subtly bloom the scenery or else no one would notice that great feature... That will wear off fast though, because almost every new game has blooming of some sorts anyway so they don't have to throw it at your face for marketing reasons anymore.
Just, try to keep it subtle.

That one pic of the American soldier leaving the boat made me worry.

Upvote 0
yes it would fragment the mod however we have to be realistic on time frame, once new engines are released people will lose interest so do you want to play this mod in Q1 or early Q2 this year or would you rather play it in 2010 when we have all of the content that everyone is demanding? If we had a bigger dev team then maybe and to a certain extent once the models are in game its just a question of new maps but people need to realise the time it takes to make these things.

p.s. we arent releasing them as seperate mods ne way more like patches which is how mods release neway no mod is perfect first release, but as well as bug fixing we will be bringing you new content

Nice, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. Patches that build upon the mod would be a lot better than releasing multiple mods. So first release could be called Darkest Hour: Normandy 1944 than content patch could be something like Darkest Hour: Market Garden or something.

Upvote 0
Calling all voice actors...
Are you German, British or American and think you have a flair for voice acting? Do you have a decent mic (or access to one)? Then Darkest Hour needs you!

This is a serious call out for all those who think they fit the bill for new voice menu sounds and ambient sound recordings, if you think you have wat it takes please apply on the DH forums or email/msn me on [email protected]

Thanks

Check your Mails :cool:

Upvote 0
maybe you could post pics of normandy stuff 1st? seeing as that is initial release (not having a go merely saying that we still need refs so if you guys have ne cool stuff u wanna see in game get posting ;))

Aeneas, are you looking for pictures of the Normandy area? My wife and I took a trip to Normandy in September, 2001. We visited a number of the beaches and Pointe d' Hoc (sp?).

We also went to the tank museum at Samur. Lots of pictures of German tanks.

Upvote 0