• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

Yesterday night on Koenigsplatz, German side... I'm rushing to the ruins, in the middle of the map (the approach?). Two other soldier run in front of me, something like 10 meters ahead of me, we were al rushing. They were litteraly vaporized by a tank shell in a cloud of blood... Really a split second of pure gore. I dive into the ruins, and all what's left of the the two poor souls are a couple of arms and legs, and their weapons... I was really shocked :) Killed an approaching sm gunner afterwards, just to be shot by some [SPLAT] clanner, after missing him three times with my Kar98 :)

A minute (and a respawn) later, going round the same ruins, I spot a rusky infantry man next to a T34. Arty was falling around, so I knew trying to aim was pointless, I charged with the bayonet. He shot, missed with all the comotion, and I stabbed him in the chest as he was fantically trying to reload. You know, this mixed sound of metal meeting something wet? The tank got me as I was killing him.

And later the same evening, On Stalingrad Kessel, I run towards a german tropper armed with a rifle. He shoots, misses me and then runs away... :D I run after him around some ruined wall, bash him with the butt of my Nagan (the short version, no bayonet) and finish him off with a bullet point blank :D

Upvote 0
I have two. The first was a while ago on Ogledow. I was a German anti-tank. Our tanks were only going to the farm and the hill so me and another anti-tank went into the village. We couldnt get any help so he hid on one side of the road I was on the other and we both were taking out T34s the whole round. The other team rarely sent in any infantry so it made it like a turkey shoot. We did this without any communication just an understanding what the other was doing. The second was last week on Danzig. I was German had the G43. I was on the rubble pile between the two houses just back from the wall to the Command Center. Three Russians came through the hole in the wall in a line. 4 shots made them drop like dominoes. I couldnt belive I did it.

Upvote 0
Had a good one yesterday in Zithomir1941b3. I was Russian and we were holding onto the objs like hell...there were so many good times, one time especially when we were fighting in the churchyard; there were about as many as five of us in a crater hole at a time pouring rounds onto the enemy.

Then one time, while inside a doorway near the right side of the church yard, a Schutze came right up around the corner, fired, and shot the Mosin Sniper out of my hands. Then I waited for him with my pistol...just as he entered he triggered the spawn protection and all of his limbs (including his head) blew off.

http://img66.imageshack.us/img66/854/shot00106es5.jpg

Pwned! :D

Upvote 0
Yesterday I was a russian tankerplaying on that map that represents the sequel to Konigsplatz. I was rolling with my tank at a safe distance and shooting HE shells to the objective that was crawling with enemies. The last objective was a building so I was taking random shots in the windows, killing alot of germans. It was great fun because I was almost invincible.

Upvote 0
BARASHKA.

I was riflemen cause the server was full and all the other classes were taking.
Ok so i go into one of those wooden bunkers and i just start fooling around ( Shooting at tank and little dots of germans) ok So i was lookin at the bridge and i Shot at the tank and it said i killed someone lol. I think i shot the commander of the tank ( looking out of the hatch) all the way from the bunker to the end of the bridge at thier side. Obviously one of the greatest and funniest moment

Upvote 0
Odessa

I was a russian rifleman with an M44, we had to cap the first square, next to the apartments. We had great difficulty to cap it, also Sasquatch was our commander so smoke was always wrongly placed :p . I was crawling at the left side, behind the little walls all the way, till I was next to the damaged building where the german sniper and mg always are. There I discovered a door. So I went in it and when I was about to take a turn to the right I bumbed on a german. I shoot but I miss and the same does he. So we start to melee fight. After a short fight I stab him and I win. So I go further to the first floor and there I see an mg, which I stab in the head. I also see a rifleman, shooting at some russian, I aim, I shoot but I miss. So he starts to shoot at me but after a short gunfight I kill him. Then I come across an ROplayer german, he starts to toss nades at me but I dodge them and deflect the shockwaves, then I stab him. I go upstairs and finish the sniper with a headshot. The russian then cap the square thx to me because I just cleared a whole building on my own with an M44.

Upvote 0
Odessa

I was a russian rifleman with an M44, we had to cap the first square, next to the apartments. We had great difficulty to cap it, also Sasquatch was our commander so smoke was always wrongly placed :p . I was crawling at the left side, behind the little walls all the way, till I was next to the damaged building where the german sniper and mg always are. There I discovered a door. So I went in it and when I was about to take a turn to the right I bumbed on a german. I shoot but I miss and the same does he. So we start to melee fight. After a short fight I stab him and I win. So I go further to the first floor and there I see an mg, which I stab in the head. I also see a rifleman, shooting at some russian, I aim, I shoot but I miss. So he starts to shoot at me but after a short gunfight I kill him. Then I come across an ROplayer german, he starts to toss nades at me but I dodge them and deflect the shockwaves, then I stab him. I go upstairs and finish the sniper with a headshot. The russian then cap the square thx to me because I just cleared a whole building on my own with an M44.

I never throw away a smoke when I didn't finish it :\

Upvote 0
Black Day July.

I hate that map. I really hate it.

However...

I, a Russian, jumped into a T34-76, and a guy dropped in with me. He and I tore off towards the north flank through the brush and tree cover...

We proceeded to blow up at least (i'm not sure, didn't keep count) 20 tanks (as a T34/76 no less) throught the whole three rounds of BDJ. We did the same thing every time: tear through the undergrowth to the left or right sides towards the north and south, and proceeded to get behind them and chuck an AP shell into their sorry behinds.

Our very first excursion was involved in the north advance flank...we crashed through the bordering forest, then when we were directly left of it, we tore off into their rear flank. We took em out one at a time. I parked behind PzIVs and Tigers that would normally have raped us if we took em head on and blew em up easily. We also went to the south flank and did this, and because of the T34's extreme maneuverability, we managed to outmaneuver any PzIVs or Tigers that spotted us at very close range.

We were pwn'd as the Germans always did, for the first 2 rounds. Then we all banded together and smashed the Germans on the last round, us included.

GG! :D

Upvote 0
odessa

teams were balanced, and i was on allies with a m44.
when the round started we took the appartments verry fast, within 3 minutes.
(while oftenlty you fight the whole round for the appartments)

inspired by this "invincibility feeling" i rush out of the appartments straight into that 2story building in front of it.
the germans there had somehow not noticed me, and so i shot them one by one without them noticing me.
i rush upstairs, shoot their sniper and find myself a good spot to fire at the germans coming from the tower area.
after 10 seconds without seeing any germans, i decide to go downstairs, and rush for the tower on my own.
on the way to the tower i shot 2 more germans, i rushed up the tower and took the 2 germans in there by surprise. i shot them, took the g43 from them.
and started shooting down at all the germans who were leaving their spawn area.
i shot about 15 germans and surprisingly only a few shot back but without any effect luckely.
some came up the stairs, but i somehow won every duel.
when i finally capped the tower on my own, and repeatedly calling for help i finally had 2 teammates joining me in the tower after holding it 5 minutes on my own!
i left the tower and ran straight for the last objective (a big building with pillars in front) i shot 2 germans from long range, and stormed the building again on my own lol, with a blind grenade i killed a german hiding behind a pillar, so i rushed into the capzone and shot towards the germans who were leaving their spawnarea so they didn't dare coming at me to stop me from capping.

and we won when i was almost being overrun by the germans!

so i had capped the 2 last objectives on my own and all with 1 life! we won in 10 minutes only!

this is a once in a lifetime experience, wich had more to do with luck because my hart was beating dangerously fast and i was all shaking lol

Upvote 0
A few nights ago, I was playing as a Strelok on Leningrad Beta 5. Somehow, we managed to hold the Germans to the first objective (the AT position) throughout the entire match. Anyway, I go into the AT building, to the 2nd or 3rd floor with my trusty bolt. As I rush up the stairs, a German saper was waiting for me, leaning around the corner to my left. I go prone and stay near the wall so that he only manages to hit my upper arm before his clip runs out. He panics, primes a satchel, and runs down his corridor. I prime a grenade, throw it after him, and run into a nearby room where I wait.

I was watching the death messages to see if I got him, and I started celebrating as soon as I saw the kill. Unfortunately, another german SMG'er comes up the stairs and sees me hiding. Unfortunately, he was in the blast radius of his comrade's satchel. That was by far the most ironic kill I've ever seen, and it actually saved my sorry ass. I was laughing the whole rest of the round :D:D

Upvote 0
During a round of Danzig, I as a russian was in the command centre with a G43. When I came in the room with the stairs I saw a german with a PPSH, I started to spray the german while he was spraying me, fortunatly I won. Then another german with a PPSH came of the stairs and started to shoot me, I was at the start of the stairs then, agian I started to hipshoot him, he got me several times, mostly in my legs. I, heavily wounded started to limp my way out, unfortunatly another german on the stairswith a PPSH started to shoot me, he killed me.

Upvote 0
During a round of Danzig, I as a russian was in the command centre with a G43. When I came in the room with the stairs I saw a german with a PPSH, I started to spray the german while he was spraying me, fortunatly I won. Then another german with a PPSH came of the stairs and started to shoot me, I was at the start of the stairs then, agian I started to hipshoot him, he got me several times, mostly in my legs. I, heavily wounded started to limp my way out, unfortunatly another german on the stairswith a PPSH started to shoot me, he killed me.

Three different Germans that picked up a ppsh in such a short timespan...:confused: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
A couple of days ago my brother came over to visit...

My RO had the AA cranked up to a good level, same with the AF settings. He balked at the 20-25fps and complained that he couldn't kill anything or aim properly (he was a former ROplayer but then turned to the satanic religion of CS:S XD)

After the round restarted, I told him to get his hands off the keyboard. So, while me kneeling (he had the chair) with the mouse and keyboard at an angle, I ran towards the enemy position as a Strelok. My teammates were dropping like flies from one bunker. I simply ran up to it, hit the dirt, and threw a nade and missed getting anyone. Then I threw the second one and got four Germans in the bunker. We had a huge laugh about it on chat. :D

I proceeded to run up there and hit a MGer pinning a hardpoint, then did a leading shot on a guy running towards their defence. Then a STGer got me.

Needless to say, my brother was shocked :D

Upvote 0
Yesterday night ...
At Odessa, I was an Atvomachinak (MP-Guy, PPS-43).

I was really annoyed by a MG (Gruppenfuhrer) and a sniper (WANE) both hiding in the tower. They covered the approach to the HQ, nobody came through. So I decided to take them out.

Outside the tower was only one german who didn't cared much about his life. I killed him easily. In the tower nobody seemed to notice me. I started to wonder. I went to the left entrance (from my point of view). Two germans from the spawn zone came directly into my direction. They ran and couldn't shoot. I believe only one of them saw me. I decided not to shoot instead I ran into the tower as fast as I could up the stairs three germans lay on the stairs on top of the tower. I sprayed them on the move.

PerfectMoment.jpg

A picture for your better imagination :D

Then I noticed a fourth german but my magazine was empty I had to reload. But wait he was to busy to shot at russians outside the tower he didn't even noticed me. Not dead yet. I took cover in the last corner of the tower.
Suddenly the blind and daff german was killed by a grenade. It was the german who saw me outside. He TKed his comrade with a nade. In this moment I finally finished reloading and sprayed him to death.

I screamed for support somebody came (Didn't see them(?) they stayed outside). I hippshooted two (three?) other germans on the stairs. And to support my comrades down there I threw a nade into the direction of the german spawn and by miracle I killed someone (heinrich).

We captured the tower but in the end we lost the battle.

After this action I was filled with adrenaline and by points the best player (better than these XDC-Clan n00bs:eek: ) But I also su**ed ass and maybe it was just luck and not skill but perhaps luck is also some kind of skill :confused:

Upvote 0
Still new to the game, so no great killing sprees, etc.

A rather Soviet moment in Berezina, I hop down by the road next to a friendly MG, armed with the PTRD. A German tank (Maybe a Panzer IV) starts moving from across the valley, and I start popping shots at it, with some effect. At this point it has either seen us and just can't or won't shoot, or it hasn't seen us, but it's charging right in our direction, up the valley, and all I can do is keep shooting at it. As you can imagine, I blew it up half a second before it would have run over the both of us.

Upvote 0
My favourite RO moment happened in Basovka - I was rushing to the station when I got hit in the hand and dropped my weapon. Managed to get cap zone alive but since I had thrown my nades already, I had no weapons whatsoever. Run upstairs and encountered a Russkie MG'er who was so busy killing our d00ds that he didn't notice me. I hid back there for a while but got bored when our guys couldn't make it to the CZ. Then I walked next to him and started shouting VC insults to him but to no avail. I even announced my presence to him with the 'Say' command but he did absolutely nothing but load his weapon and fire away. He got shot after a while and I followed him to the death's gates soon when a stinkin' rifleman put his bayo between my ribs while I was picking up the DP-28.

Upvote 0
Yesterday I was playing as a russian sniper on some map with a bunker and flaks to destroy (I believe the map is called Flak"somethingsomething") my clanmember wasp was the german sniper and killed me a couple of times in a row. After a while of being killed I decided to approach him tactically. So I started to flank him while being under cover. Suddenly wasp says "oh I'm sorry I shot you Crusher", so appereantly he shot some one thinking it was me. When I was standing behind him I said.
"Wasp"
"Yes?"
"That wasn't me"
then he turns around and I bash his brains out.

Upvote 0