• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RIP Stiletto

WTF? Of course I did not know him well but for someone so young to commit suicide is just insane IMO. Yes the world (your world) ****s ALOT of the time and I myself have struggled with unimaginable depression and have had serious contemplation of suicide but it's just not the answer. Suicide is a final solution to a temporary problem. I'll never understand it.

Upvote 0
Ive seen him around ingame a couple of times, i remember him being on top.
allthough i did not know him, here's my condoleances to friends, family, clanmates and all others who knew him. may you get through this. :(
That picture of Anagram on the Comrades-In-Arms forum puts cold shivers down my spine, it's a real nice initiative to post it. Its heartwarmening in a bleak and cold time...
RIP man :(

Upvote 0
Cuddles: hey, cheer up, remember what Bill Hicks said:
The world is like a ride at an amusement park. And when you choose to go on it, you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. And the ride goes up and down and round and round. It has thrills and chills and it's very brightly coloured and it's very loud and it's fun, for a while. Some people have been on the ride for a long time, and they begin to question: Is this real, or is this just a ride? And other people have remembered, and they come back to us, they say, "Hey – don't worry, don't be afraid ever, because this is just a ride." And we … kill those people. "Shut him up. We have a lot invested in this ride. Shut him up. Look at my furrows of worry. Look at my big bank account and my family. This just has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill those good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok. But it doesn't matter, because – it's just a ride. And we can change it anytime we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money. A choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.

Upvote 0
Stiletto was a great guy. I only knew him from ingame, but every time I played on a server with him, he was very kind to everyone, even the players he was busy trying to kill. He was a very skilled player, but never really gloated about it; he had class.

I remember back in the mod days, playing on the CiA/CoR server; he'd always say hello when I joined, we'd team up a lot just as a mini-squad of two and support each other. A few times he even went and scrounged up a sniper and just gave it to me :) Even though I never met him, and only knew him from playing RO, I thought of Stilleto as a friend.

Since I wasn't able to play RO since it went retail, I hadn't seen him much since then.

I don't think many of us will ever know what was going on in his life to drive him to this, but I wish he had come and talked to someone. The RO community will never be the same.

My condolences to those of you reading this who were lucky enough to have known him in real life.

:(

Upvote 0
my thought with your friends and familiy stiletto..

Just one more time
For the sake of sanity
Tell me why
Explain the gravity
That drove you to this
That brought you to this place
That pushed you down
Into the soil's embrace

Give me the chance
I was denied
To sit and talk with you
For one last time

Did I disappoint you?
Did I let you down?
Did I stand on the shore
And watch you as you drowned?
Can you forgive me?
I never knew
The pain you carried
Deep inside of you.

I can't forget
Having to see
The words that knocked the wind
Right out of me
It's not enough
I've come undone
Trying to find sense
Where there is none

Just give me peace
You owe me that
To help ward off the fears
I must combat

And so I ask
For one more chance
To understand
This senseless circumstance
Help me to see
This through your eyes
The reasons I've been trying
To surmise

Though you are gone
I am still your son
And while your pain is over
Mine has just begun

the singer of assamblage 23 in memory of his father, who took his life too.

Upvote 0
I never know what to say in these types of threads. I think I played with him a couple times, never really got to know him, I knew who he was though so I guess that says a lot about the guy! It's a rough world we live in, with all the advancements we have made people are just as unhappy if not moreso than the past. I infact just got over a REALLY rough time.

May you rest in peace stiletto.

Upvote 0
I played with him several times, and he was an Ace Gamer. I am always stunned when someone so young takes their own life. My condolences to His Family and Friends, this must be one of the most devastating things they have ever had to endure. I am stunned, Rest in Peace.

My Friend Gabe hung himself when he was 16, he had everything going for him, he was bright, popular, handsome, and always had backstage passes to the hippest shows around. His room was covered in pictures of him and various Rock Stars, including one of him sitting on Gwen Stefani's lap getting a kiss on the cheek. His death was a freakin tragedy, there were no warning signs, and to this day none of my High School Friends can make any sense of it.

Upvote 0
I never know what to say in these types of threads. I think I played with him a couple times, never really got to know him, I knew who he was though so I guess that says a lot about the guy! It's a rough world we live in, with all the advancements we have made people are just as unhappy if not moreso than the past. I infact just got over a REALLY rough time.

May you rest in peace stiletto.

I agree we live in a tough time, I personally can't understand how we can be so calm while we all know civilisation is build on war, extortion and exploitation of countries that are now poor.
We try to supress our instincts by doing some boring job but in the end, we realize we are unhappy and something is missing in our life.

Upvote 0
Oh man. When I saw the thread title it scared me.:(

Yes it's true that "this world is rough, but if a man's gonna make it, he's gotta be tough" (Johnny Cash). I think I have enough empathic skills to understand why someone would do it (and let's be honest, we all have our ups and downs), but it's still a permanent solution to a temporary problem. If you want to, it WILL get better.

Sad loss. I knew he was a great player. I've never been on TS with him but he seemed like a nice, intelligent guy. The world needs more people like that.

Was he dating someone? Perhaps that could've saved him...

Salut, Stiletto.

Upvote 0