• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Phase 2 Map Contest Entries

I had my share of historical accuracy blasphemy overhere and after i read some of these post i came to a conclusion.

Isn't it time we stop this discussion.

Lets face it Some people like this game no matter what game or map they like it. Some people
like this game with original content and want to make it some sort of historical correct as possible
but keep in mind the fact it's a game and there are certain borders or limitations.
Some people just want it HISTORICAL CORRECT

Stop argueing it won't solve anything Iff one don't want to play a certain map
cause of it's non historical setting load up the map of your flavour and play that map.
Don't harras a mapper to use stuff suitable for that era.

Off course this is allowed when the mapper post that he likes to make it as HISTORICAL CORRECT as possible
and need help. Iff not let him make the map he wants.

Iff i want to make an HISTORICAL CORRECT map i would introduce the smell of
fecies and piss cause i'm convinced that's what most soldiers smelled dugged in
their manholes awaiting the enemy.....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Where is the Logitech Noseglove when you need it? :D

It's here my friend it's here.

Compusniff

prototype2.gif

Upvote 0
So is BF1942, did you liked that one (Stg 44/Panzeschreck in Africa, Japanese with German weapons etc)?

Sander.... you know, when you say something like that, you only paint yourself into a corner. Don't do that. You have so much more going for you.

BF1942 is a disappointment as a game as far as I am concerned. I took a look at it, looked away and never looked back.

As with Red Orchestra, "some people like Red Roses, some like White Roses. All I care about is that they ALL like roses!!" My sentiments exactly!

Red Orchestra is my GAME of choice. Even with the "History Zealots". :cool:

Upvote 0
and i play the game for the historic aspect and not the average FPS BS you seem to like

pff this game must be huge disapointment for you isnt it... I realy doubt that there were some fights in WW2 where you had to take objective in 20 minutes and you can always send maximum 16 soldiers (and only in case if some died - if none died than you cannot send other soldiers since battlefield was full....) ....:rolleyes: ... life is hard, right?

Upvote 0
, the contest deadline was now 10 days ago, and i have not seen any official RO server up with the maps in rotation.
or is there one??

Most of us are running the maps in our servers.. that is, the maps we can get.

I wouldn't be surprised if TW releases the maps as a map pack along with the upcoming RO update. Just a guess. ;)

Upvote 0
MILK said:
pff this game must be huge disapointment for you isnt it... I realy doubt that there were some fights in WW2 where you had to take objective in 20 minutes and you can always send maximum 16 soldiers (and only in case if some died - if none died than you cannot send other soldiers since battlefield was full....) .... ... life is hard, right?
nice flamebait, others might be looking for it

Upvote 0