• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The future of 'Ost Front - will it be going Unreal 3?

I hope they continue on completing RO, because there's still many stories to tell, many battlefields to model, and so many content to be included. So, I don't see Tripwire's business with RO "finished".

RO2(Or whatever it'll be called) should even be a greater game than Ost, with tons of new features for both infantry and tank combat. After that, they can continue making a "whole different game". They just can't let community down right now. If they do, I'm sure they'll lose a huge fan base ;)

Upvote 0
I hope they keep doing the WW2 thing, but different theaters. Do like the IL2 series and keep putting out expansions to add different theaters. I would definately buy them. Could you imagine the 3.0 engine with Tripwire's developement in the South Pacific? Jungle warfare.....oh man!

I could imagine that indeed... so just don't do that.. jungle thingy..

Upvote 0
I think its time for a Korean War game. In a way it would be like WWII but different. Lots of familiar weapons and vehicles. But lots of new faces (can I say that?) And the Red in the title would work fine too.

Imagine realistic air combat with these old jets MIG versus this american thing. Arad in the air with planes instead of tanks and way cooler graphics.

Upvote 0
I think its time for a Korean War game.

Imagine realistic air combat with these old jets MIG versus this american thing. Arad in the air with planes instead of tanks and way cooler graphics.

Ouch. I got a headache from this idea.

I think it is better to keep airplanes in simulation games, because planes can never be done right in "infantry/tanks/airplanes"-games. At least now.
But if they could, then hell yeah. I would love it. Maybe in 10 years.:)

Upvote 0
They won the unreal 3.0, engine jippie, How is TW going to celebrate that.. Release RO2 for free ;)? Like Enemy territory :D!!

AFAIK Tripwire did NOT win the Unreal 3.0 license, they won the Unreal 2.5 license in the competition so many moons ago (or so it seems).

The purchase of the Unreal 3 engine license was probably financed by checking down the back of Alan's sofa for spare change, or getting Yoshi to sell a kidney (actually he would need about 20 kidneys at the going rate).

BTW mods - can you please delete any posts made by Australian members which refer to cricket (even tangentially)? THX

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At risk of mild thread hijack, I just can't bear to see Aussies talking about cricket after England's s*cking so badly they could s*ck-start a leaf-blower down under recently.

Gameplay algorithm for proposed WW1 western front game -
1 - spawn,
2 - stick head above trench,
3 - get it shot off,
4 - respawn,
5 - climb out of trench and walk slowly forwards towards MG nest presenting bayonet,
6 - get mown down within 5 seconds
7 - go to 1 until gasattack = true
8 - *choke gasp*

fun fun fun - although a Gallipoli map has certain attractions ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ouch. I got a headache from this idea.

I think it is better to keep airplanes in simulation games, because planes can never be done right in "infantry/tanks/airplanes"-games. At least now.
But if they could, then hell yeah. I would love it. Maybe in 10 years.:)

Planes/aircraft worked well with BF2 and got it right with infantry/tanks. I do hope TW stick to the WW2 formula maybe following up on RO:O because we certainly don't want another girlie dating simulator now do we.

Upvote 0
AFAIK Tripwire did NOT win the Unreal 3.0 license, they won the Unreal 2.5 license in the competition so many moons ago (or so it seems).

The purchase of the Unreal 3 engine license was probably financed by checking down the back of Alan's sofa for spare change, or getting Yoshi to sell a kidney (actually he would need about 20 kidneys at the going rate).

BTW mods - can you please delete any posts made by Australian members which refer to cricket (even tangentially)? THX

The main price of the Make Something Unreal contest was the unreal 3.0 engine. They got the 2.5 engine as a bonus. Nobody knew that was in it aswell. The unreal 3 engine it said in the prices list for the winner :p

Upvote 0