• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stutters

Odyssey

Aug 3, 2006
Reacently I have been getting strange stuttering problems in game. Its not lag because it happens in practise and multiplayer. I have reinstalled the game several times now, and it still happens. I have also tryed reinstalling my drivers as well.

Specs.

Windows xp x64
Intel e6300 dual core processor
BFG 8800 gts graphics card
Asus P5nSli mother board
2GBs of ram.

According to google the same thing happens in other games using the same engine. Pretty sure its just the drivers atm, but you can try a few things to lessen the stutters. It only happens in certain maps as well for me. The worst ones for me are Danzig (when in the cellars and the cap zone just after it on the left), Kaukasus and Rakowice (especially the hanger). Strange thing though is that it only happens when i'm actually in the game rather than when spectating - it only seems to jerk when the characters gun is visible on the screen.

I found that going into the drivers control panel and changing the "threaded optimisation" to off helps rather than Auto (turn it back on for games that use dual core though if you have a dual core CPU)..and lowering World Detail in RO options seems to help a bit too.

Upvote 0
I have the same problems since upgrading to a GeForce 8800 GTS (had a GF 7800 GTX before and everything ran smooth). Defragmenting, clean driver install and so on also didn't work for me.

The only thing that helped a little was setting the render device from "Direct3D 9.0" to "Direct3D", but the stuttering is still annoying.

In certain areas of some maps my fps drop dramatically for the blink of an eye. I can barely see the fps indicator turn yellow or red.

Hopefully Nvidia will fix this in the upcoming drivers... :mad:

Upvote 0