• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Hipshots - strategy for accuracy

Practice on the bots. just 20 minutes or so a few times and boom, you are hitting hipshots very often. My longest though totally luck was from the one corner of HQ square all the way across to the ammo. I saw a russky run by as I was redeploying my 34, said what the heck and let a single shot go, which hit. That was cool. My favorite was on Kauk, a russky ran out of his rathole on to the ramp as I was at the bottom. He went to IS, I let 3 rounds head his way from the hip, and the tracer from my 34 connected my barrel to his head as his helmet went off the mountain.

Upvote 0
Well, as said before, against other riflemen, your best bet is to zig-zag at them with your bayo at the ready. More often then not they will try to hip-shoot you and miss, then panic and instinctively bolt, leaving themselves wide-open for a nice bayo to their liver :)

Of course, if your unlucky and its an smg, then thats a little bit different story...

Upvote 0
Well, as said before, against other riflemen, your best bet is to zig-zag at them with your bayo at the ready. More often then not they will try to hip-shoot you and miss, then panic and instinctively bolt, leaving themselves wide-open for a nice bayo to their liver :)

Of course, if your unlucky and its an smg, then thats a little bit different story...

Unless it's a nice SMGer, in which case he'll buttstock you and probably get killed. Bayo > buttstock. I can never resist a melee fight.

Upvote 0
If you move your mouse to the right first your weapo and character slowly move to the right. Your weapon goes a bit faster.

But there is a max in howmuch your weapon will move. So at both the max left or right it will always shoot in the exact same spot. You can use that to your advantage for really accurate long range hipshots.

i don t understand what u mean exactly, what can be used as an advantage??

Upvote 0
I think he means move the mouse to swing the barrel til it stops moving on its own, and the view starts swinging. I tried that this afternoon on the schiessbahn map and was hitting 60 and 90 meter hipshots on the 6+ rings on the 1st try. Though IMO its like those cowboy shooters who can draw and empty a revolver into a practiced known targets in under a second. Looks like its useful but in reality it takes a lot of practice and at those ranges you can switch to IS just as quick as carefully aiming a hip.

Upvote 0
I think he means move the mouse to swing the barrel til it stops moving on its own, and the view starts swinging. I tried that this afternoon on the schiessbahn map and was hitting 60 and 90 meter hipshots on the 6+ rings on the 1st try. Though IMO its like those cowboy shooters who can draw and empty a revolver into a practiced known targets in under a second. Looks like its useful but in reality it takes a lot of practice and at those ranges you can switch to IS just as quick as carefully aiming a hip.

THe thing is practicing it enough so you get fast and accurate with it within the ranges where you don't have time to is. Aka danger ranges of the hipped smg. (aka no cover nearby so you can make yourself smaller).

But indeed if you move your mouse asmuch to the left as possible the gun will always end up in thesame location (thesame to the right) so you can end up getting a grip on how to hit enemies.

Upvote 0
I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but I have always used a "scanning" technique by instinct. I don't practice. I don't hipshoot very often, especially not at the ranges some of the people here are mentioning. Like someone said, hipshooting should only be employed at close range because it is, even if you are skilled, a big gamble at range and a wasted shot when the ironsights would have guaranteed a kill or at least a hit with one bullet. But occasionally, it's just necessary as a last resort. Usually the hipshot for me only comes as I am closing in for a bayo stab.

Anyways, the "scanning" technique. It is easier for your depth perception to gauge the right place to aim relative to your gun model (assuming this is accurately keyed to where the bullet will go) if you aim to the left or right side of the target and just "scan" your aim across the field, you will have a better instinct of when is the right moment to hit the trigger when your aim is in motion scanning across the target. This can be done quite quickly. It sort of feels like you are flinging your bullet sidearm at the target.

Upvote 0