• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Alliance - one for all you gun nuts out there

That video looks like Moscow Rhapsody or whatever that thing MonkWarrior posted was, which is being made by Illusion Softworks whereas this is by a company called Windward Mark.

Nazgul11, the guy who posted the video first of all thought that it was CoD4 so I am not that impressed with his game-spotting skills

LOL in the Alliance site headlines I just read that they took a games review journalist along with them to firing range where the Devs weere working on their knowledge of balistics and gun-handling. "OK, mister journalist, what was that ****ty review you gave us last month all about? *Bang* oops my safety was off" ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I checked out each of the videos that was on the main site and I must say this game looks interesting. Though I do hope that gameplay footage is early beta... no penetration, highly scripted AI, and reloading wasn't accounting for one in the chamber (at least the animation wasn't). Oh and there is range adjusments for iron sights, though if I was the guy playing in the video I don't think I would be bothering adjusting my sights while being shot at :p. Hope the developers are going to lean more towards realism, there was a health bar (at least I think thats what it was, hard to tell). Also, I don't understand the point of having no crosshair and no free aim, hopefully they will implement free aim instead of adding the outdated COF method. All in all, looking good, release date when ;)?

Small note: the teaser trailer said fight in the wars of the 20th century, so I guess that XM8 on the gun racks fell through a time portal?

A challenge: name all the guns on the gun racks (00:54 through 00:57 in the teaser trailer).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The physics look like crap. It's got lots of guns, but realism? Doesn't seem to be.

I'd loooove to see someone try using a dead body as "armor" against anything rifle-caliber. Don't try it, it won't work. I promise.
There is a slider you can set to either arcade or realistic gameplay.

In the teasers they shown in between.

Upvote 0
Hm, for all their purported knowledge of firearms, using a human body to protect against rifle caliber rounds? please.

Plus, magical bullet resovoir instead of magazine, 20 rounds on a full chamber reload. Also no ragdolls and only 1 death animation? hmm. Needs a lot of work but it could be sweet, though i get the feeling its a bit too ambitious but good on em

Still seeing all those gun's in the line up did make me go sweeet.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hm, for all their purported knowledge of firearms, using a human body to protect against rifle caliber rounds? please.

Hate seeing it in movies, hate seeing it in games. Funny thing is, if it's 5.56mm, the bullet's probably going to enter the second person sideways. I've seen that stuff tumble REALLY easy.

I still can't wait till you can blast enemies through walls in games. CS:S doesn't count... the bullet penetration is bizarre, with some wierd damage reduction on stuff bullets would EASILY go through, and the bullets will go through stuff they shouldn't be able to.

Upvote 0
LOL... Silly scripted trash.

How many of these retarded action-movie/games are they going to make before people decide they've had enough?

Actually you'd be suprised mate. I study Games Design at uni so we get to do waaaay too many surveys and stuff like that and we usually found that average gamers love this scripted stuff.

We who like non linear games seem to be in a minority :(

Upvote 0