• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RELEASE: Realistic Armor Mutator - Armored Beasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure i know that it has 80mm but if the t34 still penetrates it and behind this 80mm of armor there is a maybach petrol engine which will start to burn very very easy. the t34 will not start to burn that fast, it had a diesel engine.
in my opinion it is just unfair and not realistic that the t34 has to hit the tigers engine 3 times and the other way around its just 1 hit. even a t34 will not explode if u do not hit something vital.

Upvote 0
sure i know that it has 80mm but if the t34 still penetrates it and behind this 80mm of armor there is a maybach petrol engine which will start to burn very very easy. the t34 will not start to burn that fast, it had a diesel engine.
in my opinion it is just unfair and not realistic that the t34 has to hit the tigers engine 3 times and the other way around its just 1 hit. even a t34 will not explode if u do not hit something vital.

I can only wonder when "fair/unfair" fits and realism goes out the window. Did the Russians cry unfair as the Tiger clobbered the T34's in real battle? Or, did they find a way to fight the Tiger and win??

Team work with the T34's will win over a Tiger any day.

Upvote 0
Watching this with some curiosity and hesitation.

One comment.

I was always under the impression that the Panther was harder to penetrate frontally than the Tiger with its sloped armor, not to mention thicker turret armor. I have read this in books and I have seen this in games going back to the 70's. I was also under the impression the Panther's 75mm had better penetration than the Tiger's 88mm...

Upvote 0
Watching this with some curiosity and hesitation.

One comment.

I was always under the impression that the Panther was harder to penetrate frontally than the Tiger with its sloped armor, not to mention thicker turret armor. I have read this in books and I have seen this in games going back to the 70's. I was also under the impression the Panther's 75mm had better penetration than the Tiger's 88mm...
Both tanks were difficult to penetrate frontally. With my mutator both tanks will be formidable opponents. But the Panther acts as a medium tank and not the unpenetratable beast it is with regular RO. The Panther does have more penetrating power then the Tiger, but it is unnoticable. Sloped armor and high quality nickle plated armor are 2 completely different things.

Upvote 0
I can only wonder when "fair/unfair" fits and realism goes out the window. Did the Russians cry unfair as the Tiger clobbered the T34's in real battle? Or, did they find a way to fight the Tiger and win??

u can just remove this "unfair" from my post. maybe u can understand then what i said.

Upvote 0
Or, did they find a way to fight the Tiger and win??

Not every attack on a Tiger made by T-34's was successful due to the experienced Tiger crews and manuverablity of the Tiger I (not modeled in game) The Tiger was a very much feared tank although it was a bit on the rare side about only 1300 were produced but its excellant battlefield survivability ensured many of these stayed fighting until the end of the war even when its production was stopped in favor of the Tiger II in 1944.
The second thing to consider is that the T-34/85 is not an equal "counter" to the Tiger I in any way infact its not even in the same class as the Tiger I.
The Soviets employed the use of the ISU-152 and SU-85 against the Tiger because it proved to effectively kill the Tiger within the regular combat ranges something which can not be said for the T-34/85.

My Point: The T-34/85 could kill the Tiger I in a similar way (but with a bit better odds) the Sherman theortically could with close range flanking actions (frontal attacks are sucidal because of the 88mm) and with more than 1 T-34/85 (as this mod seems to inspire on the soviet side when I drive with a Tiger) More effective Soviet anti-animal tanks are needed like the ISU-152 for maps before the introduction of the IS-2 but since these tanks are not available as of yet in order to" be fair" or "balance" realistically restricting the Tiger I's respawns a bit should do the trick but that is up to the mappers.

Upvote 0
So far I liked the mutator, especially that the Panthers are finally no more indestructible.

Some points I didn't like too much:
> The huge difference in power between the 75mm L/70 and the 88mm L/56. The 88mm kills everything with 1 hit, the Panther actually needs to aim or he will need 2 shots
> The reload-times on Panther and Tiger are really fast now, an IS-2 has barely a chance, because its armor is badly represented and the cannon takes ages to reload.

Upvote 0
u can just remove this "unfair" from my post. maybe u can understand then what i said.

OK, I did and I understand what you are alluding to but then I say it is entirely realistic that the Tiger hammers the T34. In reality, that is exactly what happened time and time again. The only way the Tiger can be nailed by T34's is for more than one to attack the Tiger at the same time from different directions.

However, this thread is about the mutator. Any idea when we'll see the update?? I'd love to be able to control the various options in the mutator via an .inf file. Please??

Upvote 0

Teamwork with panzer IV's and tigers will win over an IS-2 any day. Nope, instead we decide to make a mutator where the germans are invulnerable. I like to think the germans are slightly underpowered myself, but this is just garbage, rework your values some more sic, you screwed up a bit.

Upvote 0
I dislike, that you need at least 3 hits from a T34/85 that penetrate to kill a panther or tiger. I hit the engine tweice from the side (smoke grey -> smoke black) and then again from exactly behind, thne he started burning... wtf

Haven't looked at the code yet but i guess i know what happened :).

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.