• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Demo Availability?

I have been talking up RO to a friend of mine who is interested in playing, but we're not sure if his system can handle the game.

Is there a Demo version still available? I know the Lyes Krovy demo was out; is it still valid, though?

I'd love for him to get in the game, but I'd hate for him to spend the money on a full-up version if it's not going to work on his system.

If there's not a working demo available, perhaps this could be something for the future- maybe a time-limited version or just anything that a person could play solo and online for a short time to check it out? I've seen some posts referring to a possible release of another demo in the near future- is this The Real Thing or just a vicious rumor floating about?

Well, seeing as this same subject was covered in numerous previous posts (that I failed to look for back far enough!) I think we're all just going to have to stand by and see what TWI does at this point!

BTW- if I *did* load him up with my copy and account (as someone suggested) would that be a violation of the EULA? As much as it's a solid idea, I certainly don't want to get myself in hot water with TWI about it.

Upvote 0
It breaks steam rules.

However overall it is a bad idea. Your "friend" at that point can take your account and "run" so to speak, or cheat on it and get you VAC banned (which won't be removed)

That's precisely what I was thinking as well- he'll just have to play on my machine while I'm there or cool his jets until New Demo Day arrives!

Upvote 0