• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New to the community? Introduce yourself!

Hey everyone.

A little bit about me: I'm a 24 year old from Texas and attend the University of Texas at Dallas. My gaming experience for online play goes back to Rainbow Six. I've been reluctant to play online since then because the strong sense of teamwork (and willingness to help newbies) seemed to go out the window. Reading through the forum and playing the game for about a week, I look forward to talking (and playing) with all of you guys soon.

This is the best shooter I've ever had the chance to play bar-none.

Upvote 0
hi everyone...been playing RED O since it came out, [still not the greatest tank driver] , i live in sunny morecambe uk and have been playing ww2 fps since MORYTR came out...it was band for a time due to the german nazi side of the game.
my first on line game played was soldier of fortune 1. was hooked from then
been playing DOD and then DOD SOURCE for the last few years clan fighting and have gone through the call of duty and medal of honer faze.
to be honest RED O is a game thats harder to play at first than the other stuff i was used to but i find my self playing it more and more.....god those iron sights... good game everyone concerned.thx.:)

Upvote 0
Howdy People!

Been here for quite awhile, but finally decided to peek out of my lurky-nook and give a shout. I'm (at times) a foul-mouthed heathen who can be found trying to team-tank on RTR or futzing with my Russian bullet hose, begging for ammunition in the most (least) polite way possible. Nice to see such a varied crew playing this beast. RO has definitely come a long way since the mod, she's quite a charmer. Pat thyselves upon yon backs, Tripwire. I Hope to exchange pixellated ammunition with some of you in the near future or drive your tank into a veritable death-trap!

Annnd.. to clear it up, it's Kolchak the submariner, not Kolchak the Nightstalker. That's just spooky. ;]

Upvote 0
Hell , my name is Neith , and i jsut can get enuf out if this UBER game :D

one problem thought i dont see any limbs flying in the air !! , u liers!( i got full gore on) :D
The word uber = fail. :)

Secondly, wait for an artillery strike - or, if there is a real problem...

Go into your RedOrchestra.ini file, and set mindesiredframerate=0

Hope that helps.

Upvote 0
Greetings all!

New here, and just bought the game. Probably the best WWII fps around, imo. I'm a bit lost for the moment (have played only like 2 hours), but nothing serious, and I'll find my way quickly...

Am fascinated by WWII since long (am 32 in 2 weeks), and come from the IL2 community.

Nice to meet ya guyz, and it'll be nice fighting with/against ya all!
See you soon! :)

Closter

Upvote 0
Another new guy here. My name is Mike, I'm 16 and have a big interest in history. In fact the main reason I'm so interested in RO is the realism. Especially with the weapons. See, I'm big time into militray firearms (even happen to own a few) from the WWII era and I was really impressed with what I saw in the game. As odd as it may sound, the whole 'click the mouse again to cycle the action on a bolt action rifle' and 'fixing bayonet' things really did impress me, not because they're revolutionary concepts, but because they're small details which have been, to the best of my knowledge, ignored in all other WWII games.

My favorite part of the game, though, is the fact that it takes some skill to play. There're no cheap arcade game tricks to ensure victory (or, if there are, I haven't seen them). The guys/gals that plays RO also seems a lot more mature than the typical multiplier online games.

Anyway, to make a long story short(er), I'm really looking forward to getting more involved with Red Orchestra and think the designers and developers did an absolute first-rate job.

Upvote 0