• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why american(?) paintjob?

Upvote 0
ussr-lend-ucarrier.jpg
no star

Upvote 0
Gawd... here we go again :)

The Universal Carriers were manufactured by Ford of Canada (primarily). Depending on sources, something over 3,000 were shipped, both by sea (the Arctic convoys) and by land (via Iran). Of those, something like 2,600-2,700 made it to the front lines.

As for paint jobs - they were shipped in "standard" colour schemes, which by later war included the "white star" for recognition, which was used by all the Western Allies. Sometimes the Soviets repainted, sometimes they didn't. As has been pointed out elsewhere, many of the Lend Lease vehicles got to the front line with "USA" still painted down the side...

Upvote 0
Why all this disrespect for the devs hard work all the time? I mean when this was a mod you all loved the devs but now that it's a game your all back to whinen and screaming about any infraction of what "YOU" think the game should be like and that means anything like even the paint schemes you see ingame.

Get a life you nuts and stop brow beating the devs with crap that they don't need to here like this:

OMG! A WHITE STAR! GET RID OF IT BECAUSE I SAID SO!

Agian what happened to the BF community is happening here to. The forum trolls are here to ruin it for those that like the game and play it not just whine about pointles crap.

Upvote 0
Why all this disrespect for the devs hard work all the time? I mean when this was a mod you all loved the devs but now that it's a game your all back to whinen and screaming about any infraction of what "YOU" think the game should be like and that means anything like even the paint schemes you see ingame.

:rolleyes:

Please point out in the original post where the poster is "whining and screaming."

Upvote 0
i agree

canadian made, canadian markings plz!

As for paint jobs - they were shipped in "standard" colour schemes, which by later war included the "white star" for recognition, which was used by all the Western Allies.

That is Alan, the teams historian telling you what was done. The Canadians might have repainted once they got to Normandy, but I don't think there were many Canadians in Russia to do the same.

Upvote 0
LoL yes karazeee!!

If all of these were made in Canada with stars on by default, then the devs are 100% spot on! :)
The standard paint job out of the Ford Canada factory was for the standard "allied" issue - which included serial numbers and an effing white star, on the Commonwealth version of "olive drab" base colour by about 1943. Yes, it is a COMMONWEALTH vehicle. None were built in Russia.

Upvote 0