• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

yesterday in lies krovy was a blast...

Russians kept on rushing the front post... totally ignoring the ammo bunker...

I requested help for the ammo bunker knowing it was easy to run at and cap fast... no help... people even took the time to type out no...

So I was playing as a lonewolf... but I was helping the team considering the amount of people I killed...

I made myself a plan that worked out very well...

Rush ammo bunker from the right
Get in the trenches, go in the little underground path and flank the front post from behind with my ppsh41

Once I managed to get there while the germans were shooting to the russian spawn... Killed 5 of them...

I get naded by a friendly... and they didnt even manage to cap it...

I was killing masses over and over again !!! :D

Later it changed map to the Trench map (germans attaque) starts with a K
they capped the first objective.
for the middle objective... I found an SVT Sniper Rifle on the ground...
Didnt die for 10 minutes untill map ended... moving from the back of the trenches covering left side... picking off a few people, changing to the right side and so on...

God this game rules !

Upvote 0
a few days ago, I was playing as axis and some guy came driving by me in a half-track and offered a ride, I denied it because at that point in the map halftracks were a turkey shoot for the russians. He drives off and parks about 200m away, right as he gets out an artillary birage lands exactly where he parked, the half-track flipped and he was blown up into the air about 30ft as he was coming down another round hit under him and sent him back up ripping him into pieces. Lesson here kiddies.....well I couldn't think of a good enough lesson so take out what you will in that statement.:D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tonight about an hour ago, was playing on Black Day of July Russian. Driving in my trusty T-34 down the south flank, with about five other T-34's with me.

We round the trees and immediately get pinned by a Tiger, so I holler at my buddies to suppress him while i charge and flank.

I manage to make it right up next to him, and as I reach him one of the funniest things ever in this game happened. I turn to swing around his aft, and the Tiger knowing what I am doing ( he was a fully crewed tank, I was solo tanking) turns around to get behind me. THis happens when I am about five meters away on his left side.

For the next two minutes we are both turning hard into eachother playing ring around the rosy, in circles while my buddies are taking any shot they can at the tigers rear. Finally a Panzer 4 drives up and manages to pop me, and about a half second after that my buddies kill the Tiger.

To Casca, Angel of Death, Chris, and everybody on the Ruskie team tonight, that was one of the best games I ever played!

Anyways that is my current Favorite Moment from RO, and like everyone else has said, this game has the most memorable moments of any game ever played, at least one a night!!

Upvote 0
Yesterday on Basovka, I was an Axis MG'er, we were getting slaughtered due to uneven teams, and I decided to infiltrate their lines and install me @ the house, just above/behind the Russian spawn. I waited till a large group of them spawned. I let them run for 50 meters and then PFFROEEEWWWT hehe. We got the command bunker after that :)

Upvote 0
Some of my better moments:

- Using a Panther on Arad and dispatching 2 T-34's and an SU-76 at 1400 m. During the same session I caught a T-60 trying to cross the wooden bridge just north of the south bridge CP, I fire at him from about 400 m missing him, but destroying one of the girders that support the bridge, resulting in it collapsing and sending the Soviet bastard into the drink.

- On another occasion on Arad I spotted an artillery observer at the central heights bringing down punishment on the village at the north bridge. I estimate his range at about 1000 m using the optics on the StuG and fire an AP round (not expecting to hit him) and pop out to verify the shot with my binoculars just in time to witness my shell behead him!

Upvote 0
Yesterday on Odessa was a russian sniper and i moved up to the tower area. I had alot of germans coming at me so i pulled out the pistol and emptied it, killed 1 of 3. Reloaded, ran around the corner and killed 1 with a hole mag and ppsh guy next to me got the other. I quickly emptied another mag at a group of rushing germans and got 1. Down to my last mag when two mp40s rush around the corner, i blast off one and the ppsh guy next to me another one. I had no more bullets left when 3rd mp40 came around the corner the ppsh guy got killed but i pistol whipped the german in the face with an empty pistol.

Upvote 0
2 days ago, while playing with a good group of team players on the rtr server for bout an hour or 2, we won warsaw 3 times in a row in under 10 minutes for all 3 rounds. then it went on to koitos 1944, i ended the three rounds of koitos 1944 with a score of 180-190 ish or so... oh my word, those germans were putting up a fight , but we were frikken unstoppable. i was killing germans so fast with my 91/30 i dident think that was even possible before that round. i also found out that being good at hipshots takes you A LONG WAY.

many thanks to everyone who was on voip at that time, and to cccp stallion for being a good team player...

Upvote 0
Some of my better moments:

- Using a Panther on Arad and dispatching 2 T-34's and an SU-76 at 1400 m. During the same session I caught a T-60 trying to cross the wooden bridge just north of the south bridge CP, I fire at him from about 400 m missing him, but destroying one of the girders that support the bridge, resulting in it collapsing and sending the Soviet bastard into the drink.

Er...are you sure that was on Arad? There are no SU-76s or T-60s on Arad, nor a destroyable bridge. Sounds like Orel to me.

Upvote 0
- Killed 4 straight gruppenfuhrers in 20 seconds on Koitos.. got the fastest 12 points by fraggs in my play, that of which I have seen no one meet.

- Bashed Sneaky, Aceto, and Juby in the face during the Nation Cup matches with my stg.

- Saw Crim clear out a whole cap zone with his bayonet (killed at least 5 or more, amazing to watch) in Iron Crescendo at Partisan Forest.. I couldn't get my jaw off the floor, I killed the person coming behind by the way.

- {CoreNA} becoming #1 on TWL where it counts! :)

Their are alot of other stuff that I think of.. but these three are the best for me.. Lately everytime I go to pick up the enemy grenade it blows up in my face LOL I enjoy those moments too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So many good time's, but the one that sticks out the best is from the old mod days, during a BFE match. Dont recall the name of the map, but it was the one where the russians are assulting an airfield with captured Panthers.

Anyway's, me being the driver, and one other were defending the left entrance, and we see two panther's coming our way. My teammate fire's a round, which deflect's, and destroyes the tank to its right (our left)... shortly after that, we manage to destroy the second panther as well, but I still think that one kill was un-believable.

Most of the other moments tend to do with surviving against the odd's... always gets the blood rushing.

Shadehunter

Upvote 0
my favorite moments for today

on Wateverovko I was a russian tanker, using an IS-2 on the middle objective shooting germans. This one german, was running not far from me to a shed, I shot my massive cannon infront of him, he falls very realisticly down on his back and looses his leg.

Also on Berzine I was a russian sniper, in some trenches, I was wandering around while arty hit everywhere, suddenly trough the blurry vision I had I saw a gray man, I shot my pistol at him, wounding him and he shot his smg at me, wounding me also.
Then I realized "ohshi-, maybe it's a russian tanker, so I looked carefully between 2 arty hits while he was looking at me, thinking what to do, then we both realized we were enemies and he shot his smg at me but I killed him with my pistol.

Upvote 0
Just had some fun on Arad, I was an Panther commander on South field and had my tank at an perfect angle. I shot down one tank after another, most of the time me against 2-3 russian tank. After a while the whole screen had a lot of burning wrecks. I wasn't killed almost the whole game when on the last minute an T34 had managed to attack me from the forest at my side...

Upvote 0
I just played one of my best games of RO lately....not that my score was all that great, but that's not what this game is about. It's about being in the right place at the right time, and learning how to anticipate where that spot is. And the AWESOME potential of TEAMWORK.

It was on my fav infantry only map...Snowy Forrest_Tactical Final. This is a great map with Germans on the offense and Russians defending. First a German sapper has to blow the wire. Ususally by that time the Russians have advanced to their pillbox and are in the snow dunes above the wire. Several of us flanked left - one eliminating a machine gunner pinning us down. By this time the front line was capped, and we advanced into the central forrest, killing and being killed as we went. The central forrest can be hard to hold, especially since there was a Russian squad leader pouring artillery down on us. When the arty falls in RO , you know it. You can't see straight for it. But the good thing was, our spawn point was advanced, so we were able to hold on. Now this map is especially hard to win from the German side, because the Russians have as their last line a fortified trench system. Swinging to the right, I got in and made two kills before getting the axe myself. After I respawned, I quickly made my way through the center and back into the trench line. As I dove in, I shot one Russian in the back to my left - then quickly looking up shot another Russian in the head bearing down on me. Going around a defilade in the trench, rifle at the ready - I met another German. We were lucky not to shoot each other. So he took the right and I returned to the center. I don't know if anyone else was on the left, but I'd guess so the way the cap-indicator was going our way. With less than a minute to go in a 15.00 minute round, we won the Snowy Forrest. A tough thing to do. Nothing beats winning in RO when you're holding the center of the line in the last cap zone.

Upvote 0
my favorite RO moments of today

I was a russian tanker in wateverovko, riding an IS-2 on my own, I was driving behind the first left objective and saw 3 germans hiding behind a box, not knowing I was there I shot them with an AP shell killing one of them, then quickly spraying the other 2, too bad a russian ran into my line of fire, killing him, but it was still funny as hell, a couple of minutes later I parked my IS-2 right of the middle objective, shooting germans, then I saw a german at a wall, I shot him with my massive cannon, making him do a flip and losing an arm.

Second moment was when I was a russian commander in Kaukasus, the germans capped everything except courtyard, I was running to the tower ruin, figuring I could recap it, when I arrived I realized it couldn't be recapped, so I was basicly ****ed.
I shot some germans the whole time and after a while I knew I had to go back because the courtyard was under heavy attack, so I ran again to the courtyard with germans comming from everywhere, then I bumped on a german, he tried to stab me, I sprayed him with my SVT but missing him.
I tried to stab him but I ran away after I failed. Then when I was back in the courtyard I realized what happend, under heavy fire I ran to the tower ruin and back without getting hurt, later a friendly nade killed me.

Upvote 0
my moment was on konigsplatz, i was a german assault soldier with a stg 44 and i particularilly enjoy going on a tank-hunt so i always try to grab a panzerfaust at the siegessaule.
now, i was hiding behind a small pile of rubble south east from the molkte monument from where i shot a few ruskies. i gained confidence after those easy kills so i crouched to look over the top of the pile and there was actually a t-34 at 10 meters from me! i pulled my pzfaust, aimed and boom! nothing, the t34 was only damaged. in a moment of panic i then tossed my 2 nades at him, wich had as only result that he spotted me and started firing his coax and 1 ap shell at me. when his coax was finally silent i stood up and ran like hell toward the siegessaule (more than 50 meters) in a zig-zag pattern with the t34 firing his coax at me! i entered the siegessaule, grabbed a pz faust and i actually ran back toward that t 34 and jumped behind that same pile of rubble! all this with enemy bullets coming at me but none hit me fortunately. i noticed the t34 had rotated in order to go around the siegessaule by the east, giving me a golden opportunity to hit his flanks. i grabbed the opportunity and so i alligned my pzfaust on him and kaboom! destroyed! but this time i had drawn enemy fire of units that saw me run to there on me. i got up ran back toward the trenches right of the siegessaule but got hit to the right arm. i then stayed at the siegessaule where i finally got killed by artillery...

Last edited:
Upvote 0