• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Red Orchestra Mapping Contest!

Also all you wannabe mappers:

Just because someone like Slyk has made some awesome juggernaught like Berezina that won this competition before it was announced doesn't mean you shouldn't try your best to polish up your levels and submit them.

I wouldn't assume anything. For one, there is no bot support in the project nor much potential of there ever being, not that I won't give it another shot.

I am sure the decision is far from made and there are a number of quality contenders that should make for some great competition.

Upvote 0
Can mappers have more than one map in:
  • the competition as a whole
  • either 'parts' of the competition
Just for people with more than 1 custom map

o yer and why im asking questions do full releases of the maps have to be available for download to the public before the release date or would betas do? (talking specifically about the nearest deadline)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
heck, "phase one" is over already. just give the prize to Slyk for RO-Berezina, and move on. Honorable mention to Moz for a strong second place showing.

Now then, on to phase two!
twocents7dwtd8.gif

:D

I disagree ToulaOutskirts is the map that has allready won phase 1 :rolleyes:

AAAAAANYHOW.

Great initiative will really light a fire in the asses of mappers I hope there will be many good maps out of this. :)

Upvote 0
Oh and btw to be really fair someone should try to contact Clippiz (or was it Cilppiz).

He is the original author of Koitos1944, no matter how much I disslike this map it is, to date, THE most played custom map (that has not made the step to official map).

If anyone knows his whereabouts just drop him a line and see if he is interested in doing a real port for it to Ostfront.

Upvote 0
So there can only be 1 map selected to win first prize? I hope not because CA, tank, and infantry maps play and look different (heh at least the good ones do :p). I don't think it would be entirely fair to have only 1 map considered as the "best", there should be a first prize for best tank, CA, and infantry map. Though if the contest isn't like this then... sad face.

Upvote 0
In my opinion I think it'd be best to have a judge narrow it down to the top 3 or so maps, and then the RO forum goers have a vote on it.

But what would stop people from making multiple accounts and vote for themselves? And I also think that it's not a fair competition then, I mean the one who made the map might affect voting(like a long time RO player/forum member/clan member against a new comers who nobody knows/maybe even disslike...).

Upvote 0
can mappers outside US Join?
I know I shouldn't rant, but...

1. Does anyone actually READ the rules?
2. Why on earth would Tripwire, which is a good part European, exclude Europeans?
3. Half the player base are Europeans (if not more)

/endrant

Polite answer: anyone, from anywhere in the world can enter, so long as they meet the eligibility requirements in the rules!

Upvote 0