• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Are there any features in the mod that are not in Ostfront?

Well 12 soldiers is extreme with one bullet I agree ;)

But from a realistic standpoint a rifle bullet penetrating 2 or even 3 soldiers isn't that bad IMO.

A bullet on entering a body, especially with the rounds the SMGs fire in this mod, would enter and bounce.

For example, there are many recorded results of bullets entering the chest and exiting the shoulder. Or a bullet entering the shoulder and exiting through the stomache.

The mauser would behave differently then the nagants (The nagants do shoot a heavy ball though...).

The 8mm mauser is a beast of a cartridge that would seriously put a dampner on your day. For comparisons sake a .308 winchester round is 7.62x51mm, the russian is a 7.62x54Rmm cartridge. The Mauser is a 8x00mm cartidge!

It depends on how close you are and everything but rarely would a bullet go through multiple people!

Upvote 0
There were a few minor differences:

1. The Russians and the Germans each had a pistol in the mod that is missing from the current game.

2. You could penetrate tanks and kill crew without blowing up the vehicle. (not sure if this was a bug or intended)

3. As already mentioned, several infantry avatars are no longer available

4. The Russians had a truck intead of a scout car

5. Several maps available in the Mod are no longer available

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

Upvote 0
There were a few minor differences:

1. The Russians and the Germans each had a pistol in the mod that is missing from the current game.

2. You could penetrate tanks and kill crew without blowing up the vehicle. (not sure if this was a bug or intended)

3. As already mentioned, several infantry avatars are no longer available

4. The Russians had a truck intead of a scout car

5. Several maps available in the Mod are no longer available

That's all I can remember off the top of my head.

those would be nice

Upvote 0
I think the mod had the "free beer" option, and I believe it was a server-side setting. for whatever reason, it did not make it over to the stand-alone retail RO:O.

That was just for the German Team. The Russian team had a Vodka dispenser.

Oh yea and the Vodka rations for the Ruskies. Now that was fun. Bunch of drunk Russian tankers running about the battlefield. Wow, the mayhem! LOL :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I prefer the capping system of pre 3.0
I prefer the truck over the clowncar
I prefer the old stabbing system
I prefer the ability to stop reloading so you can stab
I prefer the smg power from the mod (mind you i only use rifles
And i miss alot of the maps i liked, most official maps i didn't really like made it to the retail somehow.

we only got 3 old infantry maps with the original release and the rest was mixed/tank. All most played maps weren't ported because they were ugly and overplayed, (who cares about gameplay when you got graphics)

Upvote 0