• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

More tanks, historic maps, more classes.

angelangel

Grizzled Veteran
May 31, 2006
Singapore
Look I know you guys are still in the "development stage" with all the patches and booster packs. But are you guys going to add the Tiger II? Early variants of the Panzer? In my opinion, Red Orchestra is still un-realistic but realistic enough if you know what I mean. What's with the horribly incorrect German uniform and Russian uniform? It seems that you guys are taking a long time to fix it all up and i'm a tad angry. Also, I think there still is alot of work to be done on the tanks, animations etc. Take the IS-2 for example, it has a rear MG on the coaxial turret and in RO we can't use it altough it's already modeled on the tank. You guys talk about portable radios, how about the Sdkfz 251/3 - Communications vehicle, fitted with extra radio equipment.

Are you going to add/do/edit the following stuff?

Re-do or refine the tank angling system. Tanks like the Tiger I could take frontal hits without angling the tank, Panthers need not be angled for the rounds to ricochet. Also, alot of tanks could take frontal hits and still manage to ricochet them. The fact that you have to angle the tank to ricochet a round is stupid.

Goliaths, remote controlled bombs.

More tanks like the Tiger 2, Wespe, Marder II, Jagdpanther, SdKfz 184 "Elefant/Ferdinand", Flakpanzer IV "Ostwind", Sturmpanzer IV "Brummb

Last edited:
Look I know you guys are still in the "development stage" with all the patches and booster packs. But are you guys going to add the Tiger II? Early variants of the Panzer? In my opinion, Red Orchestra is still un-realistic but realistic enough if you know what I mean. What's with the horribly incorrect German uniform and Russian uniform? It seems that you guys are taking a long time to fix it all up and i'm a tad angry. Also, I think there still is alot of work to be done on the tanks, animations etc. Take the IS-2 for example, it has a rear MG on the coaxial turret and in RO we can't use it altough it's already modeled on the tank. You guys talk about portable radios, how about the Sdkfz 251/3 - Communications vehicle, fitted with extra radio equipment.

Re-do or refine the tank angling system. Tanks like the Tiger I could take frontal hits without angling the tank, Panthers need not be angled for the rounds to ricochet. Also, alot of tanks could take frontal hits and still manage to ricochet them. The fact that you have to angle the tank to ricochet a round is stupid.

More tanks like the Tiger 2, Wespe, Marder II, Jagdpanther, SdKfz 184 "Elefant/Ferdinand", Flakpanzer IV "Ostwind", Sturmpanzer IV "Brummb

Upvote 0
Why always the King Tiger, first more tanks that were used a lot, that the more uncommon tanks.
Because it was a historically important tank! The Tiger II although "rare" was used everywhere especially on the Eastern front to counter the hordes of Soviets advancing for Berlin. It was also a late tank which currently the Germans in game only have one of (Panther G). I could also say the same of the Is-2 which even though was made in big numbers was a rare sight to see on the battlefield.
sticky-bombs etc (Sticky-bombs should only have the ability to be attached to tank wheels/threads only to disable them).
Damn you COD2 and Private Ryan!!!-:mad: Sticky bombs are nothing more than an improvised fragmentation grenade "designed"(if you can call it that) for infantry use only!
Tanks are impervious to sticky bombs (yes even the tracks)!!!!

Upvote 0
tbh angelangel your 'suggestion' sounds like that of a spoilt 14 year-old who wants everything and wants it NOW!

You seem to think that the Devs have nothing better to do than to sit around at their PCs waiting for 'enlightened' kids like you to point out their numerous shortcomings and that of their creation which has made them reknowned.

Most, if not all, of the devs are hard-working and have put a serious amount of effort into this game at the same time as trying to bring up children - which i can assure you is a real frontline in itself - as well as god knows what kind of other ****, yet they still remain dedicated to the game they created and the community that it spawned.

I challenge you to find any other amateur development team, who having 'made it', still continue to listen to the community and constantly add improvements and content to the game for free!

Upvote 0

Upvote 0
I seriously doubt that the short-barelled 76mm T-34 cannon could penetrate the frontal armour of a Tiger I. I am opened -minded but i would like to see some non-internet/Wikipedia references to back-up this claim!!!

I found that in the Tigerfibel, a sort-of handbook for Tiger crews. 100mm isn't that much. Even the Panzer III with L60 could do that at 500m

Upvote 0
I found that in the Tigerfibel, a sort-of handbook for Tiger crews. 100mm isn't that much. Even the Panzer III with L60 could do that at 500m

I don't know, i am still skeptical - to begin with i wouldn't be surprised if the Tigerfibel didn't have some sort of 'interference' from Goebbel's Ministry of Propaganda.

Secondly, many of these armour-piercing figures are based on 'ideal' conditions i.e. a stationary target at perfect right-angles to the gun in question.

Thirdly, there is the question of ammuntion - many guns were lacklustre in performance but when used with newer types of ammunition e.g. Tungsten -cored rounds, especially the brilliant British APDS (Armour-Piercing Discarding-Sabot) round or similar German innovations like 'Squeeze-Bore' rounds they were dramatically improved.

However the information i have regarding these types of ammo seem to refer to anti-tank guns but i see no reason why they , if so effective, were not used in tanks mounting the same calibre guns.

Also whilst the Germans, and to a lesser extent the Americans/British, would be constantly upgrading such ammo, i don't know how available advanced AP ammuntion was to the Soviet tank units at the front.

Finally, we have all seen pics of various tanks from whatever nation with 'improvised' armour - i.e. parts of tracks welded on, sandbags etc. so to say that tank gun/armour penetration statitistics are far from black and white is an understatement...

Upvote 0