• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Submachine Gun Suggestions

You certainly do know that adjusting the sights to something means nothing. There are many weapons out there where they even reduced the sighting later on.

The G3 was a developemend roughly based on the Stg 44, so there should be improvements. Well the G3 has an effective range of 400m! The Steyr AUG just for comparison has an effective range of 300m-400m!
I know that the G98 had sights to 1000m (IIRC) but were you able to actually hit something at that distance?

Edit: Btw. 7.62 NATO has a higher V0 and a higher E0.

Upvote 0
well yes If the Stg-44 wasnt a good long range weapon the Karabiner98k wouldnt have started to have been replaced by the Strumgewehr in fact the Stg even had sniperrails due to its good range.The G3 may have been roughly based on the Strumgewehr but its is not the Stg-44 plain and simple. Just because something is newer or based off something doesnt make it better they could have shortened its range to serve the purpose for which the weapon was inteneded for.

The bullet shouldnt stray or disappear at range of only 150mm it should only start to do that at the around of 700meters so yes it should take skill to kill someone at that range but it shouldnt be impossiable.

Anyways you miss the point the Stg-44 when in semiauto should fire around 700meters
when in full auto it has a 300-400meter range.
Look all im trying to say all numbers aside that in semiauto fire the Stg-44 should be tantamount to the karabiner98k.Like it was in reality

7.62 NATO has a higher V0 and a higher E0.
Perhaps

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Look all im trying to say all numbers aside that in semiauto fire the Stg-44 should be tantamount to the karabiner98k.
You do know that both weapons fired different bullets? The bullet of the Stg 44 was shorter (Kurz) than the standard rifle and MG ammo.

Edit: I guess we both have the tendence to talk facts (whoever believes his are) to death, so sorry for being OT again. It is worthless I guess you won't convince me nor will I you.

Upvote 0
Stop being silly Rommel.

Ever tried to hit anything past 300 yards? Without regular practice, with any firearm, it's very difficult. I shoot twice a week, one is a comp. The average training of soldiers in marksmanship was terrible, at best. I can hit a figure 11 (man sized target) out at 300 meters 10/10 times, but past that it becomes questionable. In timed rapid and snap rounds the odds get considerably reduced.

The Stg44 fired a 7.92x33mm Kurz round. It's reasonably accurate out to 300 meters, but not much chop past that. So what if it's sights are adjustable to 800 meters? I have a K98 with sights adjustable to 2000 meters. My friend has a C96 pistol with sights adjustable to 1000 meters. You've got f---k all chance of hitting anything at that distance.

All i have to add to the SMG debate is Reddog, one of the aussie players down here has access to an Mp40. He said recoil seemed about right. Though i've never fired one, a lot of people who would be shooting it these days might be using pretty mild ammunition.

Upvote 0
Well then, my mutator is done (tweaks pending, needs more playtest), it tweaks all SMG's slightly, and the PPSH quite a bit.

Changes? apart from the PPSH, i have barely touched the recoil amount, its toned down a wee bit, nothing serious, BUT, the random horizontal recoil is toned way down for all SMG's, this means that, whilst they still kick, its much more predictable, and you can learn to control it effectively!

Standing recoil has also been toned down, so whilst they fire much the same whilst crouched (apart from the lack of wild random sideways movement), they are a little less wild when standing, you will still be more accurate when crouched or prone, but for clouse range fighting, standing and aiming will do in a pinch now.

Shooting from hip is virtually unchanged, you should still aim your weapon if you want to hit anything thats not very nearby.

The PPSH has seen the most tweaking, and is a usefull weapon now on par with the PPD40, still kicks though, but much more predictable, and it can be fired standing with decent results at clouse range.

But, i need a place to host the file, i dont have any webspace myself (apart from a Photobucket account, but that wont host a .Zip file, only pictures), so if you have a bit of webspace (its a small file) and want to help me get this thing out the door, please fire me a PM with an e-mail addy i can send the file to :)
That sounds great. Let us know if it is on any server.

Upvote 0
Nah, theres no recoil patterns, its all random within some set limits, hence you can't possibly predict it at default.

And no, im not aware of any servers running the Mutator yet, but till there are, you can allways play around with it in botmatches (i just released Version 1.1, and could use input and ideas from as many players as possible).

Its in the General mods/Final muties forum.

Upvote 0
Thx for your answer Grobut !!! So the developers just need to decrease the maximum of the limit for the PPSH41 while standing, and for all SMG's while standing+leaning.

More recoil to the right and upwards and not to the left and right like it is now would be more realistic aswell.

I also highly recommend to increase the recoil of the PPSH41 and PPD40 while shooting from the hip.At the moment the recoil with IS and standing is higher than shooting from the hip.

I really hope Tripwire is reading in this thread.I am using and testing SMG's all the time and i think i am pretty right with my suggestions without destyoing the gameplay.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From what I remember, they say all the weapons behaviors are gleaned from hands on experience with the weapon or similiar weapons.

Looking at the code i have my doubts, the standing recoil is so heavilly penalized it seems rather unrealistic.. like nobody's holding the thing, bit like just leaving it on the ground and tying a string to the trigger.

It only gets a 10% decrease in recoil whilst aimed when standing, whereas when you crouch, it gets a 40% decrease from an allready lower recoil number, thats quite a difference, and one i dont see the justification for..

But anyway, Case may have tracked down the online problem with my Mutie, so i hope to get it fixed very soon.

Upvote 0