• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics MP41 vs. MP40

If it works...
I just think its ridiculous people would choose the Mp 40 over MP 41 as a "protest". Don't forget games are supposed to be fun...
That's true, but there's also a certain fun immersiveness to knowing that you're fighting with weapons that were most predominately in use at the time and not everyone running around with ultra rare/not likely to be seen weapons.

Upvote 0
The wooden stock being used for crowd control is complete bull****.

When was the last anti-nazi rally held eh? Eh? People with placards in the streets of france being beaten back to the line of hippys with bongo drums chanting 'Free France'. Yeah, the Nazi's were heavily into crowd control.

Idiots.

Upvote 0
The wooden stock being used for crowd control is complete bull****.

When was the last anti-nazi rally held eh? Eh? People with placards in the streets of france being beaten back to the line of hippys with bongo drums chanting 'Free France'. Yeah, the Nazi's were heavily into crowd control.

Idiots.

That is wrong in so many ways.
Also, there is not need to call anyone here an "idiot".

Upvote 0
Theres something russian about having a wooden stock on your SMG, that just disturbs me. The aryan race should not rely on such primitive rescources.
a metal stock just meant that it was cheap to make, ie. sten, mp40. thats why the grease gun was issued because it was cheaper to make than the thompson

Upvote 0
MP40 Vs MP41

MP40 Vs MP41

When comparing both these killing tools in-game, I have found:

The MP40 gives a slightly higher rate of fire making it a better choice for close combat at shorter range (especially within buildings etc), it kicks slightly more with recoil than the MP41 making it less accurate at distance shooting (single shots whilst laying down and resting it on something). If you get used to the MP40 (which takes a few games and a little patience), its a beautiful weapon, especially when firing from the hip. :D

The MP41 has slightly lower rate of fire, does not kick so much with recoil and is much better at longer range shooting (belly-down and resting the weapon, even when unloading a full clip at multiple targets). In close combat I find this weapon not as effective as the MP40 when letting loose from the hip.

Both weapons take roughly the same time to load (nice and quick :D ), so no advantage either way.

Usually I will go for the MP40 out of these two weapons as my preferred choice. :D

Does anyone have any tips or tricks for using the MP40? :)

Upvote 0
Eh well I started using the mp40 more and came to find out what is really is. Now when the mp41 came out, that is all I used, probably more than anyone and here is what I found after using the mp40 for a week straight. The mp40 has more range and is more accurate at higher ranges. I don't think it fires a little faster than the 41. The mp41 at long ranges isn't as accurate, use the mp40 and 41 firing at the enemy from 700 to 800 meters and you will see what I mean. Now this is where I feel bad, I would much rather use the mp40, BUTTTT the mp41 has less recoil, so it is better to hipshoot with. The difference with hipshooting with these guns are huge, so I have to stick with the 41 unless their is a map that doesn't have them or has the 44 one. Range: 40 > 41 Hipshooting 40 < 41 Damage: 40 = 41 Recoil 40 < 41

Upvote 0
The MP 40/41 ****s big time...

The MP 40/41 ****s big time...

My experiences with the MP 40 and 41 is marred by recoil form both guns more powerful than than the SVT and the G-41/43 even when only firing single or two rounds which makes shooting at targets over distances greater than 5 meters extremely random and ridiculs in nature. I have not experienced any correlation between my point of aim and the point of bullet impact with these two guns:confused: and consquently I rarely use them unless I play engineer, AT-soldier or squad leader. Compared to the PPSH 41 I find the MP 40/41 much much harder to fire from the hip and when firing from the prone position the PPSH 41 is infinately more accurate, even to ranges to 100 meters or longer, than the german smg's which from my lackluster experiences with them is not capable of hitting anything the size of a barn with any kind of certainty beyond 10 to 15 meters. Firing in the standing or crouching unsupported position while using the iron sights offers no more accuracy than hipping and in some instances actually worse as the muzzle flash is so big that it obscures any target covered by the iron sight. Using support only marginally increases accuracy while slighlty decreasing recoil but all in all the german smg's stinks big time and if they were as bad in real life as in this game I don't blame the german soldiers swapping them for PPSH 41s:mad:

Please please fix the german submachineguns or give the germans PPSH 41s

Upvote 0