• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Russian Voice

90% of all you people that dislike new voice commands NOT even soviet origin - I was born in USSR - so listen here noobs - NEW VOICE COMMANDS PWNZORZ. any more questions ?:cool:

pwnzorz......... go back to CS kiddy........ This is the RO forums...... we do not tolerate cs leet speak......... we however accept binary......... 1010101111000101010101110001, as well as all major credit cards....... :D

But I and a whole bunch of others agree........ the old voices were much better...

Upvote 0
pwnzorz......... go back to CS kiddy........ This is the RO forums...... we do not tolerate cs leet speak......... w

i just wish to meet you on some RO map and bleed your virtual nub brains out of your ears with my PPSh butt. then you sure will abandon Ro and run to CS servers... pay attention when u talk to senior members you can get seriously PWND kid

Upvote 0
As the person that started this thread and have now seen a (relatively) satisfactory solution to the problem in the form of an old-voice download I would like to request that the MODS close this thread - although I reserve the right to resurect the issue if TW continue to make dumb changes in future upgrades.

Don't get me wrong...free upgrades are a very good and special thing but parts of them can very often be a mistake, viz:

Class names in English - TW as much as admitted that it was a mistake by backpedalling there..erm sorry...reacting to the community opinion.

Making Smoke grenades compulsory, not an option - pretty much universally accepted as a bad thing.

Using a lacklustre voice actor and sloppy recordings of him just because 1-C recommended him (they might be a Russian firm but they are not as experienced in dealing with the RO community as TW) and cos TW prolly felt a bit P.O'ed that the original actor took some huge liberties with his brief. Jury still out but not a universally accepted improvement.

The lag spikes...well - we all await resolution of that matter.

I do not want TW people to feel that they are being *****ed out just to make them feel bad, or to make their lives more difficult - just to say that some changes, particularly those which are not immediately necessary should be the product of consultation with the community (thus increasing the already strong 'we serve the gamer' ethos) not just a 'hey yeah - that'll prolly be cool' thing. The community is reaching a size where the dread term 'focus group' may be one that needs to be used.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i just wish to meet you on some RO map and bleed your virtual nub brains out of your ears with my PPSh butt. then you sure will abandon Ro and run to CS servers... pay attention when u talk to senior members you can get seriously PWND kid

Hehehe.... pwned kid......... seriously how long have you been playing pal...

Ive been here since the beginning..... and senior member on the RO forums doesnt meen **** dude..... ooh my so you posted more than me..... so since you have so many posts your saying your better than I.... heheheh your funny!!:D

Dont even try to get smart with me......... So next time when you want to be a smart ass..... just remember this is a gaming forum.... F O R U M that means im voicing my opinions...... I never made a personal attack against you.... I just said go back to CS...... ok......

Upvote 0
Played today with the new patch. My opinion on the subject:
russiastrong.jpg

Upvote 0
Can someone please tell me, how come people say that new voices are good or better, if they don't understand russian??

Well I don't speak alien either but I can still form an opinion as to whether alien voices in some game are done good or bad :D

New Russian voices **** really really bad. Really bad. They ****. They **** like there's no tomorrow. Just who in TW could have given his approval over voice acting this bad, lifeless and sterile, is beyond me.

1C? Like, who cares? IL-2 was good, but it's not like 1C did everything right after that, or like their opinion should be taken as gospel. (For instance I think their new RTS game, in development for bloody aeons, will disappoint, but lets wait and see :p )

Upvote 0
Just my 2 cents worth from person who a) was born in Soviet Union and lived there for 20 years. b) spent quite some time in theatres both acting and training new actors in speach and c) humble dedicated player of RO: new russian voice is WRONG in both tones and words, not to mention that it's horrible voice acting. Please, DEVs, put back the old guy's voice, it sounded more natural (as to the gameplay), more appropriate and overall - closer to realistic. What I hear now constantly reminds me of a lot of bad taste some russian companies manage to keep :)

Upvote 0
Even if it is closer to russian.......... the voice ****s!!!! It just doesnt sound believable!!

AND IT WAS FINE TO BEGIN WITH!!! THERE WERE NO BUGS IN IT JESUS!!!!

Therefore every1 who agrees with me automatically WINS, no questions asked bc no matter what the rebuttle is you cant win...........

for example...... (PRO)its closer to russian....... (AGAINST) IT WAS NOT BUGGED, and the new voice is horrible.........

(PRO)no swearing........ (AGAINST)ITS WW2..... PEOPLE ARE GONNA SWEAR AND CURSE THEIR ASS OFF!!! AND THE VOICE SOUNDED BELIEVABLE!!!!

People who are pro to the new voices....... you need better arguments...... bc for right now they ****!!!

bc no matter what since it was not bugged........ why the hell was it changed! when someone could have been working on a map or fixing bugs....... see how this little thing is SOOOO unnecessary!

Upvote 0
Geist, switch to decaf man. It ain't worth getting this worked up about. Your blood pressure must be through the roof. Calm down. You'll love longer and suffer less risk of heart disease.

I've asked him to calm down twice, but he's screaming so loud he can't hear other people talking anymore. I imagine his head is all swollen and red, turning purple/blue because he doesn't talke time to breath anymore. And the veighns that show up... oi!

But he has a nice way of discussing: 'Everybody who agrees with me automatically wins'. Lol. Genius, really :D Why didn't I think of that :eek:

Upvote 0
i think its funny that noone ever complained about the german voices, hehe.

as i first joined the game in multiplayer i thought "wow, did i hear correctly?" but as i saw it fits in the game it was ok, i found it pretty cool actually that a company didnt swim with the masses and made it babystyle. the german voices are accurate well pronounced and have a Fr

Upvote 0