• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game doesn't start anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

KH Reese

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 13, 2006
After downloading the patch yesterday I played with no problems. Today when I started RO up Steam "updated" something and now RO doesn't start at all.

I tried this from the fix it list:
Error: When I Start RO:O nothing happens
Fix:
1. Use this link to verify your cache
steam://validate/1200
2. When Steam finished downloading the rest of the game, Start Red Orchestra normally

But clicking on that link only opens a blank window and nothing happens. Any ideas?

We've found the problem... to confirm the symptoms:

After Steam updated today (20th Sep) some people may find that they can no longer launch RO. When you bring up the task manager, you will find a "RedOrchestra.exe" process running, using ~10Mb, but the game does not appear.

This SHOULD only affect those who have the SDK installed.

There will be a patch put out for the SDK shortly (eta next few hours) that will fix the problem. In the meantime, take the following steps:

1. End the "RedOrchestra.exe" process from the Task Manager (Ctrl-alt-del)

2. Delete the file "Steam.dll" from the folder Steam\SteamApps\Common\Red Orchestra\System.

3. Re-launch RO and it should now run correctly.

Please note that you will not be able to use the SDK for the next few hours until we patch this issue.

Upvote 0
I closed the RO process, turned steam off, uninstalled the Steam.dll file, but when I tried to start RO up again, I was told I had to download it...all 1400MB of it. As soon as I restored the Steam.dll, that problem stopped, but the game went back to refusing to start.

Wtf is up with that? What should I do?

(I do have the SDK installed)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.