• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Calling all Brits! (well, West Sussex anyway)

Elton

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 5, 2006
After five years living in Connecticut I have been thoroughly spoilt with cable broadband from OptimumOnline (THE BEST provider on the East Coast).

Now my work visa is running out in December, I am forced to return to sunny West Sussex- Littlehampton to be exact. So, what is the best broadband provider down there? Only ADSL is available it seems :mad: and looks like a toss-up betwen BT and something called Talk Talk.

Any better suggestions?

Well Elton, if you couldnt find a way to **** the system, you deserve ****ty internet.

Give him no information brits, he tried to flee. I am sure he could have found a nice homeless woman to marry for a quart of gin and a bag of M&M's. But, he is lazy. He dont even wanna search for his own ISP.

I'm sorry Elton, I am in a strange mood and that entire post was all TRUE, you heard me, TRUE TRUE

Just kidding. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Upvote 0
Pipex arent the cheapest but their ping is always good and I always get a good, stable connection and I can't remember any downtime in nearly 3 years now. Their customer support aint too shoddy either.

Ditto. Im with Pipex. Theres cheaper on the market, but Pipex has no bandwidth limits and, touch wood, has been very reliable so far.

(Sidenote, I was in Sussex yesterday, took a little jaunt to the Ashdown Forest. Me likes \o/)

Upvote 0
Nice part of the world...

Pipex are good, professional, but not cheap.

In general, watch out for high contention ratios on some "broadband" suppliers, especially over ADSL.

Also watch out for usage limits - some of them are quite ferocious :)

I live in Sarf Lunnun, so I use dear old Blueyonder cable. Their support can be a tad flaky at times, but to be fair, I've only ever had one major outage with them.

Upvote 0
So I suddenly found myself researching West Sussex and Worthing.. and I can now say I'm fully educated on the area. Sounds like a nice place, really.

a beautiful picture of a Worthing beach
worthing1108495753yn8.jpg

did you know.....?
Worthing Pier opened in April 1862
Cissbury Ring is the largest hill fort in Sussex
Worthing was one of the few towns in the UK to experience cannabis cafes for the first time
Worthing is the home of the English Bowling Association
Oscar Wilde wrote 'The Importance of Being Earnest' in Worthing in 1884
The highest point of West Sussex County is Black Down, at 919ft.

Upvote 0
Currently at uni so no idea about companies at the mo but from experience I'd avoid.

Wanadoo - strange price plans and download caps

NTL - ok sped but if something goes wrong pray to God, he's more likely to answer than seems cock ends.

BT - Still mixed on these guys. There ADSL service can be hit and miss depending who you ask. They do some good packages tho in terms of what you get. I lived in the middle of no where when I was with them tho, so probably explains the problems I had.

Upvote 0
So I suddenly found myself researching West Sussex and Worthing.. and I can now say I'm fully educated on the area. Sounds like a nice place, really.

did you know.....?
Worthing Pier opened in April 1862
Cissbury Ring is the largest hill fort in Sussex
Worthing was one of the few towns in the UK to experience cannabis cafes for the first time
Worthing is the home of the English Bowling Association
Oscar Wilde wrote 'The Importance of Being Earnest' in Worthing in 1884
The highest point of West Sussex County is Black Down, at 919ft.

Wow someone from Cali finding Worthing beautiful!! :eek:

*faints*

LoL yes its a lovely seaside town, and a great place to live. But the nightlife blows and that cannabis cafe has long since been driven into the ground and doesnt exist anymore :rolleyes:

Brighton is where its at, 20 minutes down the road from us. The clubbing scene is voted one of the best in the country!!1

Still Im quite flattered someone on the other side of America has shown some interrest! :)

Upvote 0

LOL that thing hides a sewage outlet!! I nearly broke my neck jumping off it after a night out with the lads. Ah, happy days.

Incidentally, during the height of The Smith's domination of 80's pop music- Worthing was the perfect backdrop (among many) for lines such as: the town they forgot to bomb. Don't you just love British irony? :D

Upvote 0