• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tripwire most likely to develop for 360 or ps3?

ForgottenHero

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 31, 2006
or both? in addition to pc of course. please lets not get into pc gaming vs. console. pc is better for fps i know. i play r.o. on my pc but its on its last leg. pc gaming is just too expensive to keep up with and im not a tecky person. i don't enjoy toruble shooting. i don't care about cutting edge computer tech.

i remember reading an interview posted somewhere on this site where they mentioned that tripwire will indeed develope for next gen consoles as well as the pc. i ask will the console version of (red orchestra 2) have a story mode and split screen co-op? will it use the unreal 3 engine and what console(s)?

any info is appericated.

i plan on buying a 360 at first price drop. i have a feeling vista alone will cost more than a 360. thats not the point though. i have a friend who wants to get into gaming. i rather co-op with him. i been online gaming for a few years and it don't excite me anymore. i'll get back into pc gaming in a few years maybe.

im getting into shooting real guns. im joining a gun club. i won't have time to devote to pc gaming and stay competive online. i just want to rent a good 360 shooter, pop it in and play every now and then. the more "realistic" themed games for the 360 the better. im no halo freak.

Upvote 0
Red Orchestra on a console? I hope you're joking...

Try hitting the tiny targets in this game with a gamepad. It would be impossible. I'd say, as long as Tripwire wants to keep improving the realism of their games, they should stay far away from console systems.

It's the same reasons they don't put flight sims on consoles.

Upvote 0
or both? in addition to pc of course. please lets not get into pc gaming vs. console. pc is better for fps i know. i play r.o. on my pc but its on its last leg. pc gaming is just too expensive to keep up with and im not a tecky person. i don't enjoy toruble shooting. i don't care about cutting edge computer tech.

i remember reading an interview posted somewhere on this site where they mentioned that tripwire will indeed develope for next gen consoles as well as the pc. i ask will the console version of (red orchestra 2) have a story mode and split screen co-op? will it use the unreal 3 engine and what console(s)?

any info is appericated.

I hope they develop neither! I hope TW stays an all PC title developer. As much as i know the extra funds would help TW, they'd have to "gameify" all of their RO content, and selling to a console could make PC titles become similar.

Most games that sold out to console from PC have their PC counterparts start to look like the console game. It's depressing! Stick with the PC tripwire, can't wait til your next game is out! :)

Upvote 0
jesus the guy said he didnt want pc vs console talk. Also 500. for a ps3 big fn deal ever look at top notch gfx cards cost you that alone. So yes pc's are beggining to be unrealistic (pc chip manufactureers are getting fat from no comp) plus the second a pc game comes out 2 days later there are a million hacks undectable for it, only to be patched to have another million hacks pop up untill the game is no longer supported and then there are a gazillion hacks and no one plays excepte hackers trying out for the best hack.

Thats why I am done with multi play pc fps (no BF2142/Quakewars/RO2/etc...) until DX10/Vista since rumor has it vista will be linked to xboxlive (wich has no hacks I know of to date).

PC game hackers I hope your future looks grim I hate you cheating ****ers who cant just enjoy a game.

On the bright side RO has a great community and I hardly run into hacking issues (but still PC as a whole needs a big makeover to compete with new consoles).

Upvote 0
Most new Ideas and "inventive" games I like are often specifically released for PC . But I would love to play RO on lets Say X360.
Sadly there are far fewer small independent game developers to Console because of the wast investments needed to promote and develop console games.

I personaly prefer Controllers from The pc mouse if I look the other way on accuracy .
I like the feel on the Controllers more than a mouse.
I thought CS on the XBX managed to convert pertty well control wise.
And RTCW was great.

One inovation RO could benefit from is the controllers force feedback.
If you could feel the weight( stick forced down) and recoil( stick let loose) of you weapon with forcefeedback, it would add another dimension. This would require "Real force feedback "no consoles have that as wee speak.Anyone recall the R4 pad to ridge racer 4 would understand what I am hinting at .
Bacically it was a Real force feedback wheel in minature , plaeced on a small controller.

The best thing about console is that you can sit in you sofa with a beer in front of your Tv , Seriously drunk and chatting away in your best confort.
No worries of teamspeak or performance issues , just plug and play .
And back in the days , people on XBOX live behaved pretty well. Becasuse of the forced voice chatt. Its more likely to type F***** off than to say it in on voip in my exerience .

Upvote 0
I have a PC and will always propbably always have a PC. I don't want a console, nor do I want to spend money on a console if I can play the games on a PC. I resent the fact that resources are used to develop games for consoles when I would rather see them put into PC Games. I can do so much more on a PC than just games, so why would I want a console also when I don't even like the games that come out for it?

Many FPS console games just seem to be run'n'gun shooters which is fine if you like that, but for the most part, with the WWII games I prefer, I DON'T. COD2 is a good example. I had high hopes for it when it came out (being a fan of the first two). But it definately felt like a console game even on the PC, the look, feel, and gameplay. After the newness wore off, I actually resented the game (still do) and was sorry I spent the $60 to buy it.

I would hate to see a good PC game "dumbed down" to be shared on both a PC and a console.

Upvote 0
jesus the guy said he didnt want pc vs console talk. Also 500. for a ps3 big fn deal ever look at top notch gfx cards cost you that alone. So yes pc's are beggining to be unrealistic (pc chip manufactureers are getting fat from no comp) plus the second a pc game comes out 2 days later there are a million hacks undectable for it, only to be patched to have another million hacks pop up untill the game is no longer supported and then there are a gazillion hacks and no one plays excepte hackers trying out for the best hack.

Thats why I am done with multi play pc fps (no BF2142/Quakewars/RO2/etc...) until DX10/Vista since rumor has it vista will be linked to xboxlive (wich has no hacks I know of to date).

PC game hackers I hope your future looks grim I hate you cheating ****ers who cant just enjoy a game.

On the bright side RO has a great community and I hardly run into hacking issues (but still PC as a whole needs a big makeover to compete with new consoles).

Tell me Joeblow, where does it say that there are two million hacks for every pc game that comes out?

Upvote 0
hold on now there are quite a few "realistic" themed fps on xbox/360. well my definition of "realistic" themed is you must stop, take aim unless your target is very close. like red orchestra.

xbox:
ghost recon 2/summit strike
brothers in arms
america's army
close combat first to fight
rainbow six games

360:
ghost recon advanced warfighter(the only good version)
brothers in arms hell highway
call of duty games are border line "realistic themed"

brothers in arms is a hit on the consoles and im sure a red orcestra game would sell well with a good single player. a good co-op mode would be a great selling point. a simple map maker like far cry(xbox) where you can add bots and make your own co-op maps would be a huge deal on the 360. thats what console gamers want. the "realistic theme" of red orchestra is no problem at all.

Upvote 0