• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Crosshairs?

AlphaNut said:
No crosshair in this game.

Yes, you will have to use iron sights, and learn how to shoot from the hip at close distance. And note, center of screen is not necessarily where the barrel is pointing at - so painting a crosshair with a board marker wont help ;)

That's a form of cheating, I don't cheat.

Plus I wouldn't want to damage my 20 inch widescreen LCD monitor, lol.

Upvote 0
Simple advice: rest your weapon (section 4.4.2.6 of the manual).
You get a little icon in the lower right corner indicating that your weapon is rested.
c594346077bda1e9d582bd614a15.gif

Upvote 0
Dheepan said:
Yeah the noobs haven't been bad at all. I'm pleasantly suprised.

Being a n00b, I'm actually surprised at how good I'm playing for only having played the game about 3 hours and for having played BF2 online exclusively for over a year. I was in the top 3 high scorers my last few games, that was and is still never the case with DoD. Although I think I'll never be playing DoD again.

Upvote 0
rrc589 said:
Being a n00b, I'm actually surprised at how good I'm playing for only having played the game about 3 hours and for having played BF2 online exclusively for over a year. I was in the top 3 high scorers my last few games, that was and is still never the case with DoD. Although I think I'll never be playing DoD again.

Welcome to your new addiction :D

Upvote 0
rrc589 said:

It's not really the talent of being good at RO, but the maturity level. There have been a few people that act like they know it all and are very rude. However the majority have been sensible and level headed people that were enjoyable to play with. If any of them bought the game I would recommend them to join Iron Crescendo :)

Upvote 0
If you want to get good at hipshooting (i.e. shooting without use of the iron sights) then there's only a couple of things to remember. Firstly, bullets go where the barrel of your gun is pointing. Since you're holding the gun slightly across your body, you tend to shoot a little to the left. The length of the barrel plays a big part here, as shorter guns have less "left-lean". That means that carbines and smgs are much easier to use from the hip than say, the Kar98.

Next, don't try it from long range - not unless you want to die. Hipshooting is only for pointblank "oh noes I'm screwed!" situations.

Lastly, if you have a semi or full auto, don't panic and empty the whole clip. The more you fire, the more the recoil will throw you off target. What usually happens (unless you've got very good control) is you run out of bullets and the other bloke calmly walks up and clubs you in the face. Instead, fire in bursts, long or short, it doesn't matter. Just make sure that if you aren't hitting him, then you stop and re-aim, otherwise you'll be back in the respawn queue.

Upvote 0