• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best game I've ever played

UltraViolence

Mar 15, 2006
Bf2 was my game until EA/Dice and all of the exploitative players ran it into the ground. I tried RO when it first came out and really didn't care for it. Now that I've given it some time I get it and it is by far the coolest game I've ever played. It is superior to Bf2 and other games on so many levels I don't have the time or space to go into detail, but I will ask "What's next?" I could just imagine playing this in The Pacific or North Africa. So what are you guys kicking around as your expansion?
Gr8 work and continued success

oh yah this game is so awesome I just uninstalled BF2---Good riddance!

Haha, there wont be any "expansions" like BF2 ;) but they are constantly adding new content and improving the game. Their next game will be on the UE3 engine and according to an interivew with voodo3d we should be seeing some stuff on it some time around GDC or e3 :D

(expect it to remain on the eastern front, though there is a mod for ROO in production that is set in NA, Burning Sands)

Upvote 0
UltraViolence said:
Bf2 was my game until EA/Dice and all of the exploitative players ran it into the ground. I tried RO when it first came out and really didn't care for it. Now that I've given it some time I get it and it is by far the coolest game I've ever played. It is superior to Bf2 and other games on so many levels I don't have the time or space to go into detail, but I will ask "What's next?" I could just imagine playing this in The Pacific or North Africa. So what are you guys kicking around as your expansion?

heh, I had 185 hours into BF2, but blew it off in November 2005 for Civ4. then RO came out. never looked back! :D

Upvote 0
UltraViolence said:

I tanked with you last night! Great game and glad to have you!

Upvote 0
EvilAmericanMan said:
http://www.burningsands.org/

I thought I read somewhere on one of the mod sites that Burning Sands and the Italian campaign mod had merged to make one mod team...?
Yup - they were already overlapping with the hardware, so it makes a lot of sense to combine forces. They have very similar aims, just in different theatres...

Upvote 0
I love Red Orchestra and the only major complaint I have is the low numbers of players the game is limited to, it is sad that no more than 32 players max can play at one time :( as the feeling of mass combat can't be enjoyed with so few players. Other than that it is my opinion that is the best WW2 fps I have ever tried. :)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am beginning to feel the addiction coming on too.

An Italian campaign would also be awesome -- some great settings there -- I had relatives that died on both the Eastern and Italian fronts in WW2 -- heh, I could adopt their names for my in-game name -- okay, kind of strange but I see guys with names of real people in here, even fairly unknown WW2 soldiers.

I played tons of Return to Castle Wolfenstein under this character name (before it became Enemy Territory) tons of BF1942, a bit of Call of Duty and then got ****ed into some MMOs but it was great to take a break from WW2 (started to burn out) and now I am back and liking RO a lot so far. My wife will be much happier too since I can jump in a game and do relatively quick battles rather than 5 hour raids like in WoW. Everybody wins!!

Upvote 0