• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map Black Day July - Beta One

Moz

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005

Map Orchestra link here

Enjoy
  • New
  • Optimization
  • Villages added
  • placeholders replaced
  • New objective layout
  • More visual content added
  • More detailed terrain
  • Allied rear spawn adjusted
  • More of the level is played on
  • Sound effects added
  • Added Railroad and highway
  • River fixed
It DID rain

TO AXIS PLAYERS:

There is a bug where if you do not hold an the rear flanks but the forward flanks are open, and you capture one, it will lock the allied controlled rear flank for the whole round making it impossible to win the map. This will be corrected in the next version.

Last edited:
Mike_Nomad said:
OK, I'll bite..... I've been all through this new release and for the life of me I cannot come up with as good reason to move the tracks to the other side of the road. Help me here. Please.
what?

And I didn't release the railroad road was on the wrong side until I spent 8 hours on and off getting it to stop ****ing up. So I'm not touching it every again unless some blaring error pops up.

infact, the next map I make might involve destroying railroad tracks just out of spite.

I'm still yet to see this map on one server, yet I still see RC33 everywhere :'(

Upvote 0
no one knows about it. no one comes to this sub forum. check my post count, and my involvement here. I am here (in this sub forum) for the FIRST time tonight. thus, no one knows about it.

pimp it in the other sections. get the word out. you want help, let me know. great map. you did well.

cheese the rain though. no rain on the day of the battle at all. some accounts say there was rain at the END of the day (i.e., the end of the battle), and in the days afterwards.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've noticed that the axis have a tough time keeping those first 2 objectives so I'm thinking of making them non recapable because the battle just didn't move up, and when the axis finally got moved up, they didn't have the momentum to move forward to lock the objectives.

I've learned alot about how momentum effects balance. the axis have to stop to take those objectives which puts them at the mercy of the fast soviet tanks. The allied tanks just ride against them and absolutely smashes the axis because they refuse to advance.

The key to winning the map for the axis to keep moving forward and keep mobile, which doesn't happen on pubs.

I might put out an adjusted verison monday

Upvote 0
Moz said:
what?

And I didn't release the railroad road was on the wrong side until I spent 8 hours on and off getting it to stop ****ing up. So I'm not touching it every again unless some blaring error pops up.

infact, the next map I make might involve destroying railroad tracks just out of spite.

I'm still yet to see this map on one server, yet I still see RC33 everywhere :'(

Erm its on the Jagdkommando Server :), we usually only use the latest Version of the few Custom Maps that make it on our Server.

Upvote 0
Nice details in the new version. Objectives make more sense.
Maybe a rough road through the forest would be cool. The rain doesn't add much to the map though. It's kind of silly how you can hear the splat of raindrops in the grass over the tank engine and cannons firing.
Axis still seems to win every time I play it.

Upvote 0