• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

A funny thought of DOD:S

falconik

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 2, 2006
United Kingdom
I like Day of defeat: source. I play it sometimes but when I do it makes me have a craving of playing RO:O. So I dont get far with it hehe. But have you noticed that it isn't war like- Think of RO:O the characters clothes and faces have cuts on them there clothes are dirty ect... However on DOD:S there clothes looked like they have been washed by a washing machine that was inventing in the very very late futre (lets say year 3000) because there clothes look supreamly clean, they dont have a cm of dirt on them!!!! Even the axis boots look like they have been polished non-stop for 24 hours. They look like they have aking and bad backs because there backs are always bent, and when they run backwards or forward they look like they are running on some hot coal going "OW OW MY FEAT" Hehe. But its an allright game, just thought I would post something abit funny.

Here's a to a picture of how clean the clothes-
And also a picture of how bent there backs look, well they dont look it as much but in game trust me lol.
sc4.jpg

gassault.jpg

The thing I hate most about DOD source is the movement speed. It's so fast that the character's feet skate across the ground, because their legs aren't moving fast enough to keep up. It feels more like WW2 CS to me than the original DOD.

The environments are nice and detailed, although everything looks like it's glowing even with hdr off. I miss the bayonets and the British from DOD too.

Upvote 0
I liked the Brits just for the voice command I was one of the people who would spam those all the damn time.

I liked DoD in its early and middle beta, sure it had bugs, but it was much better than the late beta and retail. I didn't even bother with DoD: S.

My favorite stupid thing to do was climb the Church tower in one of the maps which I forget the name of, and jump off but go prone mid air. LOL Friends and I would spend like 30-45 just doing that. Or jump with a primed nade and time to where it would blow in mid air. Good times...

Upvote 0
Oi!Oi!Oi! said:
Unfortunately, the basic model of the German uniform is flawed in the first place (wrong tunic collar and mirrored sleeves) so you can never get something 100% accurate with a custom skin.

Aye, I miss the old days of 2 - 3.1 where the custom community was really alive. It kinda went down hill for the MSAers when the submodels moved in IMO.

Upvote 0
Im gagging on a stick at the innacuracy of those uniforms. If you are going to spend a bundle to dress up like a nazi, atleast get good repro uniforms! And everyone seems to have a hardon for SS stuff. Bleh, feldgrau is the best! Heer all the way!

Its still hot tho:p

Gunrun247 said:
Those pics are VEEERRRY odd. What anime are they from?
Not from any anime that im aware of, just single pics done by random people. The only ww2 anime i have actually seen is called "The Cockpit" and its very worth it to see!

Upvote 0
If you're using the vanilla skins I pity you. Since the phong update you can't use the class-specific skins, but most single-model skins still work ingame with phong.

http://www.dayofdefeat.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=40

Ska Wars said:
Aye, I miss the old days of 2 - 3.1 where the custom community was really alive. It kinda went down hill for the MSAers when the submodels moved in IMO.
Its basically dead now with the forced models. The entire community is only driven by a few contributors and enough permanent content creators to count on one hand. They put out some good stuff, but not often.

Upvote 0